Change Recruitment are currently partnering with a leading UK Public Sector organisation to support with the recruitment of a Senior Test Automation Engineer C# to join their team on a permanent basis.
Software engineering is a core activity within the business. Our client uses agile to deliver, running multiple collaborative teams to create customer focussed digital services, data solutions and software for desktop, web and mobile with cutting edge technologies. They emphasise quality and have high standards for design, test automation and continuous delivery.
The Senior Test Automation Engineer will provide assurance to the organisation through delivering high quality software testing services, ensuring products, systems and services meet internal and external customer requirements and are fit for purpose, reducing the risk to live systems and services by designing and implementing appropriate test coverage to new or changed software prior to release.
The role is wide ranging and gives the opportunity for the successful candidate to not only bring their experience to us but also the chance to learn new skills involving cutting edge technology and processes.
This role will allow the successful candidate to gain experience within the following technology stack; Java, Ruby, Jenkins, Hadoop, Nifi, Pig, Team Foundation Server, Selenium, SOAPUI, Postman, Cucumber, Jmeter.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Writing test automation code
- Carrying out relevant manual/exploratory testing when required
- Championing behaviour driven development testing
- Developing test automation within the program looking to improve scope/coverage
- Providing an overall assurance role across all testing within the program
The Senior Test Automation Engineer will be writing automation tests using C#, taking product backlog items and ensuring that the automated tests meet good practices in code and testing standards. They will work with the development teams to improve test coverage, reduce testing time and improve defect identification through automation. This will require both the mind-set of a tester to determine the best tests as well as that of a developer to use good coding standards.
Other tasks will include:
- Analyse requirements/user stories and design automated or manual tests and acceptance criteria to ensure the software under test meets those requirements
- Peer review test scripts produced by other testing colleagues, including writing behaviour driven tests
- Lead, co-ordinate and participate in test execution, defect recording and capture of test results using agile scrum and/or waterfall approaches as required. This may include the development and use of automated test scripts
- Summarise results of test execution into test reports, during and on completion of testing
- Be recognised as a software testing SME within the organisation and advise others with confidence and authority
- Mentor business SMEs in support of user acceptance testing
- Mentor other members of the team to encourage testing best practice and help develop their skills and experience
- Suggest and implement improvements to test processes especially in the area of test automation
- Setup tasks for testing, covering such things as; data setup, managing of test data and other associated environmental setup work
- Continually develop own skills as part of a program of professional development
The post holder will be expected to lead the testing effort within a scrum team adopting a fully hands on approach taking defined product backlog items, user stories and/or requirements translating these into tests (both automated and manual) ensuring that the software meets the original acceptance criteria.
In return our client is offering a market leading package of between £31,017 - £34,473. In addition, the organisation offers a range of benefits to support your lifestyle including generous leave allowance (26 ½ days per year plus 9 bank holidays), flexible working hours, a lift-share scheme and regular training and development opportunities.
In addition, the organisation is currently going through an exciting new office build, which will be modern, environmentally friendly, purpose-built and will mirror the organisations ambition to be a world leading, forward looking data centric organisation.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.