Senior Test Analyst
Package: £45,000, 25 days annual leave, 3% flexible cash fund, life assurance, pension, free onsite car parking/Gym/Canteen
We are looking for a Senior Test Analyst to join our establish team, working on site for the MOD providing Payroll and Pensions services.
Come and work for one of the best kept secrets in I.T on a series of projects that will be a real benefit to our armed services and veterans.
Shared Services Connected Ltd delivers class-leading business transformation programmes to government and public sector across the UK with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public purse.
As a trading name of Shared Services Connected Ltd, SSCL has established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across government and public sector.
The company was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria Ltd, in 2013 as part of the Government’s Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board..
The day job
Our Client: UK MOD – Defence Business Services (DBS)
Account background: The DBS was formed as a Tri-Service Agency in 2007 to provide harmonised personnel administration services and accurate payment of pay, allowances and pensions to the serving and veterans communities; a customer base of 900,000 people.
We pay salaries, allowances and pensions to the UK Armed Forces and Veterans. We also administer and pay compensation to injured service personnel and run the associated technical infrastructure and applications.
This role is for a Senior Test Analyst to work as part of the onsite Testing Team supporting Customer Funded Major Releases and Change Projects. This particular role will have team leading responsibility and main focus being around Pensions and Payroll.
- Be the go to person for all things testing around Payroll and Testing with the delivery team
- To mentor and coordinate the test team.
- To produce a Test Strategy for simple or moderate testing requirements, utilising a risk-based approach.
- To create and manage test data and specify testing environments for more complex requirements.
- To produce Test Review Reports for simple or moderate testing requirements and ensure best practice information is captured for continuous improvement.
- To carry out and control audits of test plans, scripts and results and support test executions if required by the test strategy.
- Experience of Payroll and Pension Testing
- Minimum SC Security Clearance or eligibility to obtain
- A good understanding of test environments and build management procedures
- Demonstrable experience of working as a Senior Test Analyst within large / complex solutions integration programmes / projects
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Technical Test Analyst Advanced Level Certification International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Test Manager Advanced Level Certification
- PRINCE 2 Foundation Team Leadership within a testing team
- Good knowledge of the latest developments
Reasons why you should apply to us
- We’re big – really big. With that comes career growth opportunities - we offer excellent training, you’ll join a company where development and progression is actively encouraged and not just something we talk about
- We have an enviable client list – we work with some of the biggest names out there
- We ensure our working environment is supportive and collaborative, everyone has a voice and all opinions count
- Our goal is to disrupt the market, not just follow the status quo
- Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'