Reporting to the Test Manager the SeniorTesting Analyst is responsible for all testing deliverables on a program, multiple projects and/or small changes across the Business.
The SeniorTesting Analyst works as part of a cross functional team completing testing deliverables such as defining the testing approach, test preparation and test execution.
- Perform all relevant types of software testing and/or support User Acceptance Testing on high profile, highly complex and/or strategic business initiatives
- Ensure the testing approach on all change activities is agreed and understood and follows in principle the overall Test Strategy
- Ensure all test deliverables are of a high quality and that the tested solution meet the business requirements and needs
- Ensure that testing practices and software solutions meet the IT security constraints and guidelines
- Apply Risk Based testing techniques where necessary and ensure approach and rationale is clearly communicated as appropriate
- Contribute to the impact assessment, scoping and estimating of testing activity within the portfolio and small change initiatives
- Work with business representatives and stakeholders at all levels of seniority in order to execute testing activities in line with technical and business requirements, and taking into account constraints, dependencies and other internal/external considerations
- Use a combination of business and technical knowledge , determine the testing implications of system design and integration working closely with architects and developers
- Support Business Stakeholders in the determining the approach, coverage and execution of User Acceptance Testing
- Communicate testing approach and coverage back to business stakeholders to ensure these meet with the business requirement and risk appetite
- Guide and mentor less experienced Testing Analysts across the Change and Development department.
- Capture risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies both at a project and requirements level and communicate as appropriate
- Extensive experience of testing tools and techniques such as Black Box, Exploratory Testing, Smoke Testing, Integration and Regression Testing
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in Waterfall and Agile testing approaches
- Demonstrates evidence of undertaking the testing and quality assurance of complex operational processes and business requirements
- Experience using Automated Testing techniques
- Experience using SDLC Test Tools, such as Jira, ALM, VSTS
- Familiarity / Experience working Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Experience in Selenium WebDriver
- Experience in UI and API automated testing
- Experience with Performance and Load Testing