Position: Senior Telecoms Engineer
Contract Duration: 6 months+
Primary Location: x2 Locations available (Birmingham or York)
Kinect’s globally recognised consultancy client has an immediate requirement for an experienced Snr Telecoms Engineer to join the team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning company working on some of the largest programmes in the UK
The successful Engineer will be involved with supporting our clients teams in delivering both operational and station telecommunication designs at all stages of the delivery cycle.
- Degree or HND in a suitable subject.
- Holder of IRSE Telecoms Design Manager, or Engineering Manager License.
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards)
A good technical understanding and experience of:
- Operational Telephones
- Telephone Concentrators
- Troughing/ Buried cable routes
- Copper and Optical Cable Design and Circuit migration
- Telecoms Assurance and Compliance
- Transmission Equipment (FTN/ FTNx)
- Power / UPS equipment
- Radio systems
- Telecommunications immunisation
Previous experience as a CRE for Telecoms.
Desirable Criteria - A knowledge of:
- Station Management Systems
As CRE / Technical Lead
- Provide bidding support to the team leader and bid mangers by producing cost estimates and methodologies
- Act as Consultant, Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) or Technical Lead on projects as required. Production of designs for GRIP 2-5 and specifications.
- Undertaking the CRE duties described in Network Rail standard NR/L2/INI/02009
- Accountable for the quality of all project based engineering deliverables.
- Identify, understand and promulgate client needs and expectations to ensure client satisfaction on all projects and maximise the opportunities for repeat business.
- Support Delivery Managers to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Management of discipline specific project budgets and programme
- Oversee the production of design documentation in line with client requirements
- Assist with the development and mentoring of our emerging professional and graduate staff.
- Support and encourage the identification and development of new opportunities in order to meet operational and strategic objectives.
- Ensure that market intelligence and client opportunities are recorded and communicated via an agreed process.
The Individual - Should be highly motivated and be able to work closely with other disciplines in order to produce fully integrated and economical designs. Have a collaborative approach to both project delivery and team work sharing knowledge and experience.