Reports to: Category Manager
Location: Home Based Contract with time in Deeside and travel
Key Relationships: Buyers, Buying Services, Online, Food Warehouse, Product Supply, Technical services, PR, Retail, Iceland Kitchen, Packaging, Suppliers.
Overall Purpose: To support the cross category Technologist team in safeguarding the quality of Iceland product through the management of our supply base and by ensuring compliance to Food Safety and legal standards.safeguarding the quality of our Iceland product through the management of our supply base and by ensuring compliance to food safety and legal standards. safeguarding the quality of our Iceland product through the management of our supply base and by ensuring compliance to food safety and legal standards.
"What I do in my job"
DELIVER EXCELLENT TECHNICAL INPUT & LEADING THE TEAM
- Safeguarding Iceland from a food safety and legal perspective and adhering to Iceland Policy
- Supporting the Technologist teams to deliver best in class product launch and innovation ensuring on time delivery
- Develop quality controls and imbed throughout the teams to reduce the number of customer complaints through strong action plans
- Risk Asses the supply base and prioritise the teams resource accordingly for first productions and supplier audits
- Coaching team members to become stars of the future
- Develop the Iceland Technical agenda and hold supply base and Technologist team accountable for delivering against the key objectives and cross functional projects alongside other Senior Technologists and Technical Manager.
- Responsible for training of new colleagues and ongoing development of current team
- Raise the profile of the team both internally and externally through delivering excellence
- Update the business on continuous improvement measures
- Utilise Technical experience to support buying team in making the right choices to deliver profitable sales for the business.
- Manage own category as well as mentoring other Technologists
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- High Care/Technical teamwork experience
- Competent in HACCP
- Experienced Auditor with in depth knowledge of BRC Global standards for food safety
- Ability to work alone as well and mentor wider Technologist team
- Food Related Degree
- Strong communication
- Commercial Outlook to compliment Technical viewpoint
"How I do my job"
- Develops and implements a functional way of working which drives overall business aims and allows operational synergies across group functions; drives innovation through self and team to identify new opportunities to support longer term customer needs. Challenges the status quo.
- Creates development opportunities for others across the team; encouraging positive behaviour and ambition through inspirational leadership. Is an advocate for robust and effective management of performance; facing up to performance issues, challenging managers to deliver, ensuring robust and objective levelling and celebrating success. Embodies inspirational leadership; inspiring trust and confidence.
- Seeks and takes action on feedback from others to drive personal development and business performance.
- Knows how they affect others and projects themselves professionally at all times
- Embraces change in a positive manner, showing enthusiasm for the success of the team, department and business.
- Develops effective business networks to establish influential relationships with managers, peers and customers.
- Supporting cross functionally where required to drive business performance.
"How I am in my job"
- I take pride in myself, my team and Iceland
- I drive pace and urgency in myself and others
- I share and encourage positivity in my team
- I find out and deliver what others need to do their job
- I take ownership to make things better personally and in my team
- I provide focus to deliver what is required
- Food Quality
- Food Safety
- Quality Management
- Food Technology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job