Senior Technician - Intelligent Transport Systems - Specialist Design
Reporting to: ITS Maintenance Engineer
Salary: up to £28K
Location: Seax House, County Hall, Chelmsford
Reporting To / Role Purpose:
You will be responsible for supporting Engineers in the operation of the ITS fault monitoring, fault reporting and asset management/ repair services across the Essex Highways Contract (including Thurrock). In addition, as this role is an intermediate post between Technician and full Engineer, it is expected that a Senior Technician may be responsible for sole delivery of smaller scale tasks from time to time, possibly reporting directly to the Team Leader.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• To provide ITS technical support to the carriageway resurfacing programme in respect of loop detection repairs on the ITS asset together with the replacement of ITS infrastructure following RTCs/third-party damage.
• To prepare required works instruction and supporting pre-construction health & safety documentation in order for SCPs to undertake works on the network.
• To ensure that you and others work in line with the Ringway Jacobs health and safety policy and processes.
• Raising Permit requests for works together with liaison with the Essex Permit Team in order to obtain the necessary permissions to undertake ITS equipment repairs on the network.
• Produce/review traffic management proposals to ensure works are carried out safely to local and national standards.
• To liaise with contractors (civil works contractors, signal maintenance contractors, and power suppliers), instructing work where necessary and monitoring performance.
• To assist with day-to-day delivery of the traffic signal/ ITS maintenance services including support to the ITS Fault Monitoring and Fault Desk operation.
• To help plan, organise and monitor traffic signal/ITS operations inclusive of periodic inspections.
• To liaise with Essex County Council’s Contact Centre regarding customer queries relating to traffic signal faults, asset enquiries and other ITS maintenance issues.
• To assist in updating and maintaining the ITS asset records.
• Undertake ITS data analysis and produce reports as required.
• To assist with providing progress and ITS maintenance contract performance information as required.
• Undertake site visits as and when required.
• Provide ITS scheme-specific support as required.
• Evidence of completion of tasks/projects to required quality, programme and budget.
• Evidence of skills to demonstrate the ability to work logically to solve problems.
• Awareness of health and safety legislation ideally gained in a highways environment.
• Confident in seeking clarification of task requirements and instructions given.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Relevant experience of working in traffic signals/ITS, highways or experience in a related technical role.
Able to demonstrate experience of working under own initiative and as a team player to deliver an excellent service, to time, quality and budget.
Be well organised, reliable and flexible with a can-do attitude, and able to demonstrate that you can prioritise your own work as well as being able to manage your own performance and seek feedback to improve where required.
Able to apply knowledge in a structured and methodical way, and use technology to achieve project objectives. Able to follow procedures and processes to comply with legal obligations and safety requirements.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'