Senior Technical Support Engineer (3rd line)
£30 - 33k
My client is seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer (3rd Line) to further complement its on-demand IT customer support team.
They are a Microsoft Certified Partner so applicants should have current Microsoft Certification MCxx.
The role requires a well-motivated and responsive individual who is looking for an opportunity to grow their career in Support and Technical Consultancy whilst working in a company focussed on having happy employees and happy customers. This position is in the Customer Support group, a small team responding directly to customer administrators as well as their own development and support team.
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for direct end-user support of customers including online web/email support as well as direct telephone support as required.
Qualifications/Experience and Skills Required
· Good understanding of Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 7, XP, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 & Server 2016
· Min of 2 - 3 years of experience in an engineer role
· Working knowledge of the web applications, networks, protocols and email (SMTP, POP3, Exchange)
· Experience dealing with technical end-users in a support role
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills
· Experience of providing technical support to SMB and Enterprise Administrators
· Experience with Microsoft Exchange management on 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
· Good understanding of TCP/IP Networking and experience with DHCP, DNS, VPN
· Firewalls and Switches, Routers
· Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Troubleshooting printers and copiers
· Confident customer-facing
· Willing to work within a team and as an individual
· Must own and drive a car and willing to use own car daily for work
· Good technical and diagnosis aptitude is essential
· Good understanding of all handheld peripherals, e.g. iPad, iPhone, HTC, Blackberry
· AJAX, CSS, XML experience a plus
· MAC OSX OS
· Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, DB2
· OS experience with Linux and/or UNIX including command line expertise
Working hours will be on a rotational shift basis of 08:30 - 17:00 & 09:30 - 18:00, Candidates must be willing to use their own transport daily for work (Mileage Allowance paid - 35ppm). A permit is provided for staff to park in nearby long-stay car parks Mon - Fri.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'