Do you have a Java development background?
Would you like a more client facing role?
Have a passion for helping clients?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Support Engineer to work on our collateral management solutions.
To help understand the role here are the 5 top requirements for this position:-
- A minimum of 5 years of technical application support experience in a financial organization or software house.
- Sufficient Java expertise to read and debug code and analyse a stack trace.
- Sufficient expertise in the supporting infrastructure products, particularly Oracle and SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A relevant degree and the ability and desire to take on a team lead role.
We would like you to use your technical skills in a support function to solve client problems and suggest workarounds or code fixes where required.
This is not a pure development role, it is important however you have a strong development background and can show clear evidence of having supported a major enterprise application and would like to build a senior career in support.
Main Role & Responsibilities:-
- Through the use of an Internet based incident management system, analyse, research, replicate and resolve technical client issues
- For critical issues identify solutions to get clients back to BAU as quickly as possible
- Perform and document root cause analysis
- Maintain strong and positive client interactions
- Work hands on with the system to configure and test it to ensure that client issues can be resolved
- Assist the technical support group in supporting our hosted solutions
- Undertake client facing project work and technical guidance to client's teams as and when required
- Liaise with the global teams to provide a world class support service in a follow the sun 24x5 support model with very occasional weekend work
- Work with Development and QA Engineers to ensure the quality of the code for service packs and patches
- Mentor and guide new and junior joiners and help to improve their technical capabilities, business domain and application knowledge
Technical Support Analyst | Application Support | Collateral Management | Software Support | Troubleshooting | Problem Solving | SQL | Java | Client Support | B2B | Banking | Finance
- Strong experience in supporting, troubleshooting and/or implementing Java and Web-based enterprise applications.
- Strong structured and analytical problem solving skills.
- Must have interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with clients, sometimes to very senior level.
- Must be able to read and debug Java code and analyse stack traces.
- Willingness to engage with and understand the functional side of the application
- Demonstrable knowledge of Oracle databases (11g and 12c)
- Familiarity with RDBMS concepts to identify and resolve database problems.
- Ability to write/debug SQL statements to analyse data/resolve issues.
- Knowledge of JBoss, JMS, MQ Series.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree level education in Computer Science, Physics, Maths or similar IT related subject.
- Professional qualifications, particularly in ITIL, Prince/PMI, Oracle, Linux/Unix and Java
- Must have experience working in a technical application support role for a financial services company or a software house.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of technical application support experience with distributed enterprise applications.
- Knowledge of full life cycle software development.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of basic UNIX (Solaris) and Linux commands
- Understanding of JMS Concepts
- Understanding of major JBoss components like JBM and JBoss Cache
- MS SQL Server expertise
- Knowledge of trading or collateral management is a huge plus
- Knowledge of front, back or middle office applications in the financial services industry
- Java/application server based application performance tuning
- Database performance tuning
- Linux/UNIX tuning and administration
- Network administration
- Ability to suggest code changes and execute unit/system tests
- ITIL certification
About Our Company:
For over 28 years we have been providing regulatory reporting and collateral management solutions to the financial services industry. Counting over 30 of the world's top 50 financial institutions among our clients,
We are headquartered in London with a new state of the art development centre in Birmingham with offices in Europe (Frankfurt), New York and Asia Pacific (Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore), and representative offices in Atlanta, Cape Town, Sydney and Tokyo.
The office environment is relaxed, but always buzzing and busy, no ties or fancy suits required so bring your own style. We have breakout areas with free tea and coffee, get to work early and enjoy a free breakfast on us each day. We have a lovely modern open-plan space designed to support a creative working environment.