Senior Technical Specialist - £45,000 - £55,000 + benefits FTSE 100 Engineering Organisation
I am recruiting a Technical Specialist on behalf of a FTSE 100 Engineering Organisation. As a company they are involved in cutting edge and exciting projects both in the UK and internationally. This particular role is within their Nuclear Division and involves working with Key industry partners on numerous high value projects.
The Senior Technical Specialist will provide scientific and/or technical solutions for the delivery of customer funded tasks and projects. Work will specifically involve managing projects and tasks, but is also likely to involve managing other staff and liaising with customers. The Senior Technical Specialist will be directed and supervised by the Principal Technical Specialist for the relevant task or project.
Project-based work will typically be on a range of desk-based consultancy projects for customers including radioactive waste producers, radioactive waste management organisations and regulators, both in the UK and overseas.
- Become an established member of the S&HM waste management & environmental team.
- Use knowledge of waste management & environmental issues and requirements in the nuclear industry to lead and deliver technical tasks and projects.
- Manage other technical staff in order to deliver projects (to be agreed with the line manager).
- Ensure that technical solutions are compliant with the regulatory requirements.
- Liaise and interface with other technical and engineering departments within Cavendish Nuclear and, when required, with customers.
- Maintain effective communications with all other disciplines and functional groups associated with tasks and projects.
- Be aware of the time, cost and quality constraints of tasks and projects, and work within these constraints.
- Work professionally and take pride in delivering work, ensuring deliverables are reviewed, verified and approved at the appropriate level.
- Work under the guidance and supervision of project managers and line manager.
- Seek appropriate guidance and support from the line manager and senior colleagues.
- Understand H&S requirements and work safely within the rules and regulations, particularly on nuclear sites and customer premises.
- Support the Principal Technical Specialist in commercial and business development activities.
Support colleagues and respect the company's policies on behaviour and expectations
The ideal Candidate
- Scientific background, ideally in chemistry or environmental science.
- Preferably degree qualified.
- Nuclear industry experience essential.
- Typically significant experience in a technical/waste management/environmental role, ideally in a client-facing role.
- An applied understanding of radioactive waste management with good knowledge of the environmental legislation in the UK nuclear industry.
- Numerate with good writing skills.
- Keen to learn and further develop nuclear industry skills and knowledge.
- Enthusiastic and willing to take ownership of tasks and projects.
- Experience of managing technical projects and tasks.
- A team player with well-developed interpersonal and communications skills.
- IT proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Commercial and business development skills would be considered a plus.
Experience of managing technical staff and interfacing with customers a plus
The successful Senior Technical Specialist can expect to work in a challenging environment and enjoy the benefits of working for a market leading, FTSE 100 organisation. If you are career focused and looking for the opportunity to progress, apply now or get in touch for further information.
- Engineering and Nuclear