Senior Technical Project Manager | Nottingham | £50 - 65k + benefits
Xpertise as specialists in Product Delivery recruitment, have been appointed to find an Agile Technical Project Manager for a rapidly expanding Software House in Nottingham. The Senior Project Manager will work in conjunction with the whole Project Delivery function, at its core are the Scrum teams who create and define user stories and supporting artefacts for product features and enhancements. The Senior Project Manager will lead prioritising epics and agile releases. You will need to have Technical Project Management experience delivering solutions, as well as a strong understanding of software development and the SDLC.
- Manages and works with the client through the delivery process.
- Sets up project files as well as compiling reports.
- Provides guidance on project management software, procedures, processes, tools and techniques.
- Provide support for less senior members of the team.
- Responsibility for control of changes to project plans through risk management. Ability to ascertain through risk analysis needs for change and ability to control change within customer quality expectations.
- Responsibility for recording of changes made to plans, with supporting agreements, and re-baseline of the plan if appropriate. Also accountable for regular project progress reports to the appropriate management structure giving precise measure of project progress and how project responsibility will be discharged.
- Responsible for the communication through appropriate reporting procedure and process to both customer and internal projects audience.
- Capture and measure customer feedback on a regular basis.
- Ensure good product and market knowledge on a continuous and proactive basis.
- Where required, create and use documented test cases for the testing of software.
- Take a proactive role in assisting the customer to prepare for implementation, inclusive of providing workshops with the customer pre and post installation.
- Take a proactive role in assisting the customer during implementation to achieve the required level of operational activity. This can include problem diagnosis; identify and implement work around solutions; communicate and coordinate with development for any software fixes; post implementation workshops.
- You would be part of a small to mid-size team of 5 - 10 project managers of different levels of experience from PM’s to Sr PM’s
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong PreviousIT Project Management experience is essential. At least 5-7 years working within an IT function of a regulated industry.
- Experience as a Technical PM’s (i.e. delivery of solutions, integration of solutions)
- Strong understanding of Software Development and the SDLC is key.
- Dealing with multiple projects or programmes.
- Strong Agile project management experience is needed.
- SCRUM, and preferably SAFe. Hands on (not theoretical) experience of being a Scrum Master i.e. working with other roles in Agile, running Agile ceremonies etc.
- Client facing experience, focus and skills are a must.
- Good Budget and Financial acumen is important,
- Good Resource Management understanding
- Strong requirement gathering skills
For more information on this role or other similar roles please contact Ailsa Whaley
Xpertise are acting as an employment agency and business
- Software Development
- Agile Project Management