Our Group IT and Digital Platforms teams are facing accelerated growth to support the enhancement of our customer facing digital capabilities and as the Senior Technical Programme Manager you will be at the forefront of this growth. This will be achieved through the management of a technology solution delivery unit in a complex environment which develops, delivers, maintains and supports a suite of TUI mobile apps and content management tools and services, live in multiple countries and brands and used by millions of TUI customers.
Group IT is focused on accelerating the development of customer facing digital capabilities across the entire holiday cycle as well as simplifying and standardising our technology platforms and infrastructure across the group. We are also transforming the way our IT organisation is structured and works, building new IT capabilities and skills for the future.
What you will be doing
The role of Senior Technical Programme Manager has primary responsibility for the delivery of mobile apps and content capability to the business teams in the numerous countries in which TUI operates. The role will work closely with key business stakeholders and their respective teams in each country.
As the Senior Technical Programme Manager you will lead a team of cross functional experts spanning product management, delivery management, development teams and QA. You will be accountable for operating an effective delivery function that delivers software as a product, whilst balancing, managing and meeting business expectations of scope, cost, time and whilst maintaining high levels of quality.
As the spokesperson for the Mobility and Content Delivery teams in various internal and external forums you will foster a collaborative working relationship with other teams and colleagues across both Group and country business IT teams to ensure coherence and visibility across teams and disciplines. Through a deep understanding of the potential customer and business value of the products and/or solutions produced by the wider Digital Platforms teams, you will champion this to build understanding and buy-in across the business at all levels. You will be responsible for working with key stakeholders to articulate and build consensus for joint decisions, supporting the definition of pilots and Business Cases ensuring that solutions and ongoing enhancements are aligned with the overall business strategy, delivering business and customer value and help to further differentiate TUI in the travel market.
This is a senior role within Digital Platforms which will involve interaction with senior stakeholders within TUI.
As the Senior Technical Programme Manager you will be responsible for working collaboratively with the respective teams to report on agreed key metrics according to the Group IT governance processes as well as working closely with the Group Chief Architect to ensure that appropriate group wide standards and frameworks are deployed in the Hub.
You will need to develop partnerships with a variety of service providers - products, managed services, information feeds to enrich the offering and consumer experience while driving results towards the business case. Establishing and maintaining product management disciplines and a delivery roadmap that achieves a pragmatic balance between business process harmonisation, time-to-value, and innovation. In keeping abreast of developments in technology and business environment this will provide thought leadership around future innovation, continuous improvement and best practice, and to ensure the products remain relevant and continue to deliver customer and business value.
You will be responsible for the day to day line and functional management of the Mobility and Content delivery teams, partners and offshore resource. You will continually look for areas of alignment between the Mobility and Content teams with a view of creating centres of excellence. You will proactively inspire, coach and drive the team’s engagement in our complex environment ensuring continuous development.
You will ensure that the teams are aligned to deliver using best practices in an agile development approach.
What we are looking for
- Senior IT Leader with broad IT knowledge and a proven track record of running software development functions with end-to-end service ownership
- Preferably expertise in mobile technologies integrated in a complex enterprise environment
- Experience of running agile development operations of around 60-80 staff with multiple scrum teams to deliver technology within a fast paced FTSE 250, Fortune 500 or similar company
- Proven track record of having managed direct and vendor annual spend to the tune of £10m to £20m
- Ideally client facing consulting or SI experience or similar to handle multiple stakeholders in different client groups vying for slots on a busy roadmap as well as needing day to day attention for live operations/ fine tuning of features and functionality.
- Ability to maintain quality gates during project lifecycle.
- Well versed with developing and implementing multi-channel solutions directly or in wider teams using influence so as to leverage off each other's roadmap or seed new ideas independently to foster innovation and accelerate time to market
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, adept at managing a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability and experience of managing and optimising supplier base.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with IT and the business to deploy appropriate digital technology solutions
- A genuine interest in the effective use of digital technology to help manage and grow the TUI business
- Demonstrated experience of leading actual, virtual, matrix and global teams and gaining strong credibility within the business and technical community
- Strong commercial acumen with drive, resilience and energy
- Evidence of inspiring confidence and credibility and influencing and persuading
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ideally knowledge of the leisure travel business but not essential.
Working within TUI group
TUI Groupis the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job