The Company: I am currently working on behalf of a nationally renowned, and rapidly expanding IFA business who are looking to add a very experienced, highly technical Paraplanner to their Harrogate team. My client is a truly independent financial advice firm who adopt a really personal, tailored approach to financial planning and require an experienced financial services professional to join their team. As one of the fastest growing firms in the UK their core market is private wealth focused; inclusive of investments, pensions, protection & IHT/tax planning) with group/auto-enrolment services also offered.
The Role: As a senior Paraplanner supporting some of the highest performing adviser in the group nationally, your role would be to offer the most efficient, professional and effective client service possible with a high focus on quality and accuracy. Your duties would include:
- Review fact finds, file notes, client risk profile questionnaires etc. as provided by the Financial Advisers to gain an understanding of the client requirements discussed and agreed.
- Undertake quotes using relevant in-house platforms or request quotes from external providers.
- Undertake the necessary research and analysis, including:
- Fund analysis
- Product comparison
- Product analysis
- Fund research
- Charges analysis
- Compile suitability reports detailing the recommended advice to suit the client’s needs, uploading the report into the system for the Financial Adviser to pick up remotely.
- Discuss the reports with the Financial Adviser, amending as necessary.
- Pre-populate client application forms ready for the Financial Adviser to discuss with the client.
- Record, monitor and report on progress, completing the weekly logs to enable the Senior Paraplanner to review workflow across the team.
- Report obstacles and deviations from the agreed timescales to the Financial Adviser and Client Services Associate, so that client expectations are appropriately managed.
The Person: The successful candidate will have the QCF level 4 Financial Planning Diploma Qualification as minimum and ideally be progressing towards Chartered/Fellow if not their already. Experience in most of the technical areas highlighted below is required with cashflow modelling/lifestyle planning experience a must:
- Pension research: O&M
- Fund & Portfolio research: FE Analytics
- Protection and/or annuity research: Avelo Exchange
- Cash flow research and risk profiling: Voyant & Distribution Technology
- Wrap comparison: Wrap comparator
You will also have experience of working with a centralised investment proposition, including Single fund multi-asset/multi-manager solutions, Discretionary Fund Managers and Model Portfolios.
What next? Please send CV applications to Chris at CB3 Associates Ltd and they will be reviewed inside 24 hours. And for further opportunities we are working on within the financial services sector please visit the website below: