Location: North West
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 per annum
Due to continuing success and growth our client has a superb opportunity for an experienced technical manager to join their rapidly developing organisation that provides a range of waste management solutions, aggregates, minerals and land fill services.
The primary role of the Senior Technical Manager is to provide technical and operational expertise and coordinate the company’s requirements for environmental permitting and planning.
Required to understand the current environmental legislation and the requirements of the regulatory authorities as established in planning permits or environmental permits. To deliver technical input and negotiation to enable the company to operate within those permit conditions to maintain safe and compliant operations.
- General business planning
- Technical management of landfill operations, engineering, capping, restoration and remediation
- Site and infrastructure development and project management
- Technical expertise associated with landfill and brown field restoration and remediation
- Management of geotechnical consultants, environmental consultants and other specialists as required
- Engagement with key stake holders and public
- Implementation and project management from concept to completion
- Degree level in associated geological or geo-environmental sciences
- 3 years relevant experience in planning and permitting in waste manager sector
Our client is one of the leading providers of services to the construction and environmental sectors. A company which is growing at a rapid rate providing opportunities for progression. As a reputable company, with the emphasis on best practice, every service is professionally delivered and fully compliant.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bolton Manchester Liverpool Stockport Preston Blackburn Wigan Leeds Rochdale Southport Blackpool St Helens Skelmersdale Oldham Ormskirk
KEY WORDS: Compliance, Waste, Manager, Management, Consultant, Waste, Landfill, Environment, Environmental, Geological, Geo-Environmental Sciences, Graduate, Waste Disposal, Site Regeneration, Permitting, Planning
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with; our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people – we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: