Senior Technical Consultant/Slough/Windows/SQL/IIS/Script Writing
A successful legal software solutions firm are looking to recruit a senior technical consultant on a permanent basis at their Slough office.
The main responsibilities include the installation, configuration and testing of the suite of products at client sites throughout the EMEA region. Candidates should have a proven in-depth knowledge of Windows Server platforms, . NET Applications, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Attend client sites to load and configure web services, database and application software, and test applications prior to handover. Resolve any technical issues that arise during installation and subsequent operation.
- Perform version upgrades either onsite or remotely.
- Perform data migrations from legacy systems.
- Implement and validate the suite of products in different configurations, such as Citrix, Windows Clusters and virtual environments.
- Liaise with Engineering to ensure all necessary software and custom components are configured and prepared in line with agreed client plans and timescales.
- Ensure internal systems, plans and documentation are updated and maintained. When required, assist with in-house testing, training and administration
This role requires strong knowledge of:
- Windows 2008 R2, 2012 & 2016 Server, including installation configuration, clustering and security
- Windows 7, 8 & 10, and Microsoft Office applications
- MS SQL 2008 R2, 2012, 2014 & 2016 installation and support, including administration, maintenance, high availability, T-SQL & reporting Services
- Microsoft IIS including Intranet & Internet configuration, set-up & configuration
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), . NET architecture and deployment methodologies
- Windows Server security, policies & Active Directory
- VMWare and other virtualization platforms
To be considered for this role It is essential that you have a strong technical background, excellent customer facing experience and are a quick learner with strong problem solving skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity and keen to hear more, please do not hesitate in sending your CV.
- technical consultant