Senior Technical Claims Handler (Large Loss)
Salary: £30,000 - £60,000 depending on experience, plus a benefits package
Hours:35 hours per week
Location: Work From Home but must be commutable to one of following offices:
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Chelmsford, Essex
- Whitstable, Kent
About Our Client
My client is an expanding hospitality and insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition and are in The Times Top 30 Big Companies to work for.
The Job Role
As a Senior Technical Claims Handler you will be working within the Large Loss Team. You will pro-actively handle a portfolio of motor claims consisting of mainly high value bodily injury.
Working within a team you will be a central referral point for technical issues, advising on strategy, tactics, and key developments. Assist in targeted reviews to ensure best practice and best outcomes.
- Managing claims caseload, in accordance with the Group philosophy, claims handling procedures and service levels.
- Controlling claim cost by achieving most economical settlement, through good use of liability and quantum arguments and effective negotiation
- Maintaining good file discipline and accurate reserves, together with an effective diary system which ensures that cases are reviewed on a regular basis and handled in a timely manner aligned to SLAs &/or any Court timetable.
- Attendance at Trials and conferences with Counsel where appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong and current working knowledge of personal injury claims with a handling experience in serious injury of at least 5 years.
- Strong technical knowledge and, where applicable, the application of Discount Rate, Care Claims and any other heads of claim applying to serious injury claims.
- Good knowledge of medical disciplines required in investigating personal injury claims at all levels of severity.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding and application of claims negotiation, liability decision making and cost potential.
- Knowledge of current, relevant Case Law
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements (including 'treating customers fairly)
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workloads.
- Good communicator and the ability to coach and support colleagues on technical topics.
- Ability to work with flexibility in a proactive claims environment.
What's on Offer
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution scheme
- Healthcare benefits
- Life assurance
- Fantastic savings across over 250 big name brands including dining, entertainment, days out and much more
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'