Package: up to £64,000 + Car allowance + 3% Flex Fund + Annual leave + Pension
Bring your excellent Technical Architecture knowledge to us! In return, we will give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities. Come and work for one of the best kept secrets in I.T.
Sopra Steria helps government to solve today’s big challenges. We combine technical expertise and delivery capability with vision to accelerate change and reimagine the way that public services are designed and delivered.? We work with energy and integrity to create?intelligent, highly secure, joined-up solutions that make a difference to everyday lives. We’ve been helping government to make a difference for 50 years, creating common systems and approaches, enabling government to work across multiple agencies and radically transform how public services are delivered. Empowering government to make a difference to everyone, every day.
The day job
The Technical Architect will work closely with the Solution Architect to ensure the software components are aligned to the target architectural model from a design and operational perspective. The role will provide technical leadership with responsibility for the design and oversight of the software development and testing with the Test functions to ensure quality and alignment to customer requirements. This will require a good understanding of a broad range of technology and the skills to converse easily with and translate between non-technical stakeholders and technical practitioners
You do need to hold current or be eligible for Security Clearance for this position
- Take the role as a technical lead to ensure the architecture is successfully implemented and transitioned to technical design/ build / test and production
- Design and deliver cutting-edge digital solutions and cloud services to make technology more accessible to customers and migrate legacy systems to modern cloud based solutions
- Keep the customer at the centre of the solution design and delivery, work on modern cloud-centric technologies to deliver maximum benefit
- Support digital alphas including the build of PoCs to demonstrate the benefits of technologies and future orientation
- Engage with and receive support from the UK and group wide architect community to grow your career and skills
- Experience in some or most of the following is required for this role:
- Design of messaging services (store and forward architectures)
- Detailed design and hands-on experience of containerisation environments
- Java 8, Spring Framework/Spring Boot, Angular, Apache Camel, Docker or CNCF container tools
- Red Hat OpenShift, Fuse and EAP
- Micro-services, Enterprise integration Patterns and working in public Cloud environments
- Experience of Jenkins, CI/CD tooling, DevOps
- Working with Git based distributed version control systems (DVCS).
- Advanced Knowledge of SQL, triggers, and stored procedure development
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile or iterative SDLCs
Reasons why you should apply to us
- Excellent training, you’ll join a company where self-betterment is actively encouraged
- An enviable client list – we work with some of the biggest names out there
- We’re big – really big. With that comes excellent career growth opportunities
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'