The Senior Technical Analyst (DBA) will deliver the day-to-day management, support and maintenance of core elements of the firms global IT infrastructure such as: Core applications, including Elite 3E, Integration Builder, SQL 2008, 2012, 2016, iManage, Sharepoint, BizTalk.
The Analyst will define and implement global standards across our server estate, ensuring that each server has been installed in a consistent manner and is being managed according to best practice. The Analyst will be responsible for the life cycle of the environment and creating and managing the operational strategy for upgrades / enhancements including consolidation and redundancy. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that the availability, capacity and continuity targets on those systems are met and that they operate and are maintained in a controlled and consistent way. He/she will work with other colleagues to ensure that new systems and services are delivered with minimal disruption to the firm.
Duties & responsibilities
· Manage SQL server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission critical production environments.
· Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, ensuring high levels of performance, availability and security.
· Analyse with colleagues to solve and correct issues in real time, provide problem resolution for reoccurring incidents.
· Refine and automate (where possible) regular processes, track issues and document changes.
· Assist developers with SQL installations, backup and restores, and complex query tuning.
· Assess upgrades and alternative technologies for the firm's software, systems and infrastructure where necessary.
· Where practical, assume responsibility for the inception, management and execution of projects to improve and maintain the firmâ€™s infrastructure.
· Ensure that the firm's IT security policy is respected and enforced.
· Produce, update and maintain system documentation for the firm's applications and systems.
· Work closely with all members of the IT department to provide a complete and cohesive IT service to our customers.
· Ensure all relevant administration is completed on time and to a high standard.
· Participate in an out-of-hours on-call system with other members of the team on a rota basis for technical escalations.
Any other ad hoc duties as may be required.
· Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality. Reliable, tolerant, and determined.Â Well-presented and businesslike. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
· Business Skills: Must be a good communicator with understanding for our customers, ensuring that any planned work takes into account the impact for them and the business.
· Technical skills: In-depth IT skills are vital to the role.Â An ability to understand and explain IT solutions and issues to a non-technical audience is critical. A strong awareness of best practice techniques and solutions within the areas of networking, data centres, security, storage and mobility will be needed.
Key Skills & Experience Required
· Minimum of 4 years' experience in an IT operations team operating a complex and global IT environment utilising SQL.
· Strong task and project management skills.
· Knowledge of HA and DR options for SQL.
· Experience of working in an ITIL operational process environment and ideally ITIL certified at practitioner level or equivalent.Â
· Well-developed troubleshooting skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· A good understanding of working with the business to align IT solutions with business needs.
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
· Professional manner with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively.
· Dedicated and hard working.
· Flexible with regard to working hours - normal office hours are seven working hours between 8.00am and 6.00pm but change windows are likely to require work outside this time.Â
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL.
· Working knowledge with FileSite, WorkSite filing server and Idol indexing server.
· Experience with configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
· Working knowledge of PMS systems (preferably Elite 3E)
Kindly note, this job description is not contractual. It will be reviewed periodically and may be amended or altered to meet the needs of the firm.
Some international travel will be required to ensure the smooth delivery of projects.