There is a need for a qualified accountant responsible for technical accounting, consolidation, tax, and statutory reporting on a group basis.
Working closely with the group finance teams as well as the external auditors, the role will initially be responsible for alignment of accounting policies, the set-up of consolidated reporting on a statutory basis and will play a key role in the year end audit process through Q1 2022. While this is a stand-alone role, initially with no managerial responsibilities, the group is going through significant and rapid change it is expected that there will be opportunities for development and growth over the next couple of years.
- Alignment of accounting policies between the existing group and any new acquisitions
- Set up of consolidated reporting for both internal and external purposes
- Production of monthly consolidated balance sheets and cash flow
- Monthly submissions of financial information to the group’s private equity owner and debt provider
- Quarterly reporting (and monthly monitoring) of cash flow and profitability against the groups banking covenants
- Production of the groups consolidated statutory accounts and management of the audit of the same, including liaising with the Finance Director and Executive Committee members to ensure the strategic report and other commentary is up to date
- Production of relevant accounting papers to support year end audits
- Production and submission of tax calculations (with the support of external tax advisers)
- Assessing the impact and implementation of any ad-hoc technical accounting queries and/or changes to accounting standards
- Good written communication skills
- Able to articulate the implications of accounting standards to non-accountants
- Ability to manage complex spreadsheets, while ensuring control and integrity are maintained
- Excellent relationship management skills with senior management stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
Values and Behaviours
- Ensure compliance with Code of Conduct at all times
- Complete regulatory training as requested
Qualifications and Vetting:
- Qualified accountant (preferably ACA/ACCA)
- Audit experience (ideally an ex-auditor, but alternatively significant experience in the audit process within a business)
- Good knowledge of IFRS (international financial reporting standards) and ability to interpret and apply new or updated standards as and when applicable
- Experience of company consolidation
- Some corporation tax knowledge (ability to work with external tax advisers)
- Experience of SUN accounts system
- Experience of Financial services
- Experience of FCA Regulatory reporting
- Statutory Accounting
- Tax Accounting
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'