Throgmorton is a leading provider of finance, accounting and administrative solutions to the financial services industry, with a particular focus on the alternative asset management sector, oil and gas, and AIM-listed companies.
Our diverse expertise means that we can support any company who wishes to outsource their finance, accounting, payroll, tax, HR and administrative functions.
Throgmorton have achieved double digit growth since 2014 with headcount increasing to over 100. Our culture is to actively encourage development from an academic, technical and personal level to allow staff to progress as they and the firms develop.Job Description
• You will be responsible for a portfolio of business and personal tax clients. You will take responsibility for timely and accurate tax returns, identifying risk and opportunity while creating relationships with those clients. You will be supported on each client by junior staff within the tax team and accounting function. In addition to the calculation of taxable profits you will, as required, be responsible for P11D, PSA, "Form 42" and other filing obligations. VAT is covered by specialists within the tax team.
• You will likely have a number of personal tax clients who are often the principals and senior staff at your business clients.
• You will liaise with other departments in the firm, such as payroll, accounts and human resources to coordinate the delivery with other services (such as providing tax journals for annual accounts) and spot opportunities for additional business development by establishing good client relationships and an understanding of their business.
• You will assist in the training and development of all staff as well as maintaining and growing your own technical knowledge.
• You will take responsibility for the financial management of your portfolio ensuring that bills are raised and cash collected in a timely manner.
• You will consistently produce high quality work ensuring computations and all advice is right first time and appropriate risk controls are applied. Taking ownership of a matter and ensuring a timely response to clients and coordinating other team members and disciplines within Throgmorton.
• You will be ACA/ACCA or CTA qualified with a strong business tax knowledge. You will be comfortable with giving advice as well as completing compliance work.
• A high level of technical knowledge as well as the commercial understanding to apply it in practical situations
• Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, to allow effective communication with colleagues at all levels and with clients.
• Self-motivated and able to lead and work with team, using you initiative while referring when necessary. Prioritising workloads to ensure deadlines are met while ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills, with the ability to challenge and identify procedural improvements.
• Working within a team, participate in open communication and contribute in meeting, supporting colleagues with a "can do" positive attitude and approach.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work in a dynamic environment, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application with your CV here.