My client, an Accountancy & Business Advisory Firm with offices throughout the UK are looking to recruit within their large SSC based in Liverpool City Centre.
The firm is looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Senior Tax Associate to join the Tax Hub based in central Liverpool. This team is one of several Hubs within the companies rapidly growing Shared Service Centre (SSC). SSC team members work internally within the business providing support to the client facing members of the firm.
The Tax Hub provides UK-wide tax compliance services to colleagues in the tax stream. The teams’ scope of service includes personal, corporate, and indirect taxation.
The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to the next phase of the Shared Service strategy.
This will be a challenging and rewarding role where you will:
- Support regional client facing tax teams with review and QA of personal, corporate and tax returns processed by the tax hub team
- Also involved in employment tax and new projects within the team
- Team management responsibility, including coaching and feedback. Day to day management including conducting 121’s, team meetings, training and development of team
- Allocate work to team members using proprietary workflow tool.
- Monitoring productivity output and quality of the teams
- Provide cover for the Tax Hub Manager during holidays and absences.
- Monitor throughput, productivity and accuracy of team members’ output ensuring team and individuals deliver SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Embed a continuous improvement ethic through effective monitoring and route cause analysis of errors and omissions.
- Work extensively with companies tax software and workflow tools
- Deliver QA outputs to agreed timescale, quality, and volume.
- Deal with internal queries with colleagues and teams across BDO UK
- Provide support to other colleague teams in the SSC dependent upon seasonality of core work.
- Building strong demonstrable relationships with teams and stakeholders
Role specific training will be provided.
Technical requirements and professional skills:
- ATT Qualified or equivalent QBE
- Demonstrable experience of Corporate and Personal tax work
- IT skills - strong working knowledge of MS Excel, other MS Office products and similar desktop applications. Knowledge of Alphatax and CCH tax software is advantageous.
- Well presented with a professional level of communication - both verbal and written
- Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Viewed by others as a trusted advisor and advocate.
- Energised, enthusiastic and results orientated.
- Ability to work well in a team environment - mentoring/supervising experience is advantageous.
- Ability to use own initiative and take a flexible approach.
A competitive salary and extensive benefits package are offered with this role
- Management Skills
- Tax Planning
- Tax Software
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'