Our client is a well-established and progressive firm of accountants based in North West London and they provide accounting, auditing, tax, financial planning, payroll and business consultancy services to owner-managed businesses, small to medium sized companies, business start-ups and UK subsidiaries of overseas groups. Due to continued expansion they are now looking to recruit an experienced senior tax professional to join the growing team.
Duties include, amongst others:
- Assisting the partner in charge of the department in the overall smooth running of the department.
- Supervising and training of team members within the department.
- Planning compliance work and controlling work schedules of tax staff.
- Reviewing and in some cases, dealing with tax compliance work, ready for submission to HMRC.
- Working with partners to ensure adequate and appropriate fee recoveries on assignments.
- Where relevant, dealing with Capital Gains, Trust and Inheritance Tax and assisting the Partners in ensuring that the best advice is tailored for the client.
- Dealing with complex tax and tax planning issues for the firm’s clients.
- Assisting the Partners in the marketing and further development of the tax function with the firm.
- Developing client and intermediary relationships, managing and controlling deliverables and deadlines and handling day to day queries.
- Assisting the partners in the Recruitment and Appraisal process.
- Working with the training partner to ensure that all technical and soft skills, if applicable, training for the Tax Department is maintained up to date, including CPD where appropriate.
- Ensuring that, overall, the department meets the requirement of the ICAEW Practice Assurance Standards.
This is a great opportunity to join a well respected firm at an exciting time of growth. Interviews are ongoing so apply now.