Our journey and vision…
We are a challenger energy and broadband provider, operating as a wholly owned subsidiary group of the Shell Petroleum Company Limited (Shell). Currently serving approximately 825,000 homes, we launched in 2008 to provide an alternative to the incumbent energy providers with lower-priced energy, great customer service and innovative technology. Over the last ten years we have helped our customers waste less energy through the use of advancing technology, giving insight into individual usage and greater control.
Here at First Utility we aim to provide a fresh approach to multi-utilities. Our goals are simple. We want to make the running of your home (managing energy, broadband and home-services) straightforward, painless and great value for money, for everyone.
Your part in our journey
We are a business with big plans and we need someone to help us nurture our talent for the future. You will work with our Executives and HR colleagues to identify what skills we need to succeed, design and run our succession and talent reviews and help us attract and keep those great people who thrive in our environment. This is a place where your ideas are welcome and where we work together to achieve great outcomes.
You will have the autonomy to be creative in approaching projects, but will have the support of a collaborative team to help make these a success.
Your part in the team
Your role will include but is not specific too:
- Build an inclusive talent pool for senior and critical roles reflecting external best practice
- Develop and run our talent reviews, assessments, career planning and succession management processes
- Partner with our colleagues in accelerating our key talent and organisational priorities
- Work with our Executive Team and Senior HR Business Partners in succession planning for leadership roles
- Undertake market research to ensure that our talent approaches are best in class
- Develop and communicate a process to achieve breakthrough performance
- Lead specific talent initiatives and projects in line with resourcing plans and key business requirements
What you'll need to help you make the best of the role
- You will be a role model who can link talent goals to business goals and build effective plans
- You will be an expert coach who can not only coach and support our Executive Leaders but can grow these skills in others
- Have an analytical approach to consistent assessment of talent (internal or external)
- Use key talent information to understand issues and opportunities for our business
- Have a natural curiosity, in particular on emerging talent trends and can build these into plans now and for the future
- Can shape and evolve our talent processes (e.g. talent reviews) with simplicity and fairness to give high quality insights about people
- Adept at making connections between different information sources (both qualitative and quantitative) and use them to gain insights and make recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication and stakeholder engagement skills
What will you get in return?
- BUPA Private Healthcare
- Maternity and paternity pay
- Pension scheme
- Staff tariffs
- First perks benefit portal with exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, (and the opportunity to buy 3 extra holiday days a year)
- Quarterly away days
- 'Fruity Fridays’
- Flexible working
If you're a HR professional, with experience in Talent or Learning and Development and a creative approach to creating solutions, then we want to hear from you. Apply now or contact us to find out more.
We are committed to protecting individual rights of privacy with regards to the processing of personal data. It is necessary for First Utility to process personal data in relation to the recruitment process. Such processing will be conducted fairly, lawfully and securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. By submitting an application, you give your consent for us to process your details for recruitment purposes. Personal data will not be shared with any third parties. Applicant details including CVs/application forms, selection notes and interview documents/notes will be held securely, electronically for six months from the date of the application. After this period, all information relating to an application will be deleted, except where an application is successful, where the recruitment records form part of the employee personnel file. By submitting your application, you also confirm that this form has been completed by you and the details you’ve provided are correct to the best of your knowledge.
- L&D Strategy
- Talent Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'