Senior Systems (Sysops) Engineer
Vix Technology currently have an oppertunity for a Senior Systems (Sysops) Engineer to join the team on a 6 month contract. The successful applicant will be joining a dedicated and dynamic team of skilled engineers providing solutions and support to Vix Technologies European customer systems from the Cambridge office which is one of Vix’s 3 primary Global support centres. The Cambridge team also have responsibilities for customer solutions globally based on a follow the sun basis.
Knowledge & Experience
It is expected that a successful applicants will have knowledge / experience covering at least 8 of the following areas.
- Experience designing, administering and maintaining large, on-prem and public cloud infrastructure.
- Technical knowledge of replicating servers and databases from on-prem to Cloud platforms.
- Demonstrable understanding of infrastructure automation technologies such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef.
- Experience with scripting technologies including Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell and source control solutions such as Subversion and GIT.
- Advanced Linux and Windows administration and troubleshooting skills including Ubuntu Linux and Microsoft Windows Server in physical, VMWare and AWS Cloud infrastructure.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability with tools such as Splunk, Elk, Solarwinds and Nagios.
- Knowledge of SAN, NAS and storage networking, including vendors such as HP 3Par and NetApp, including familiarity with software and hardware RAID.
- Install, configure and maintain a scalable and high availability virtual environment utilizing VMware vSphere ESXi 5.5\6.0\6.5\6.7 Hypervisor.
- Establish and maintain service levels, monitor vSphere implementations, and manage vCenter server alarms.
- Strong networking knowledge in designing, implementing and maintaining Switches & Firewalls from various manufacturers. Thorough understanding of TCP/UDP, and Routing Protocols along with implementing IPSEC VPNs, ACL’s and NAT.
- Working knowledge of deployment and management of Anti-Virus, Web Application Firewalls and Threat Detection systems.
- Data Backup and Recovery Solutions for on-Prem and Cloud platforms including Veeam Backup & Replication and Symantec Backup Exec.
- Experience with devising, managing, and extending monitoring solutions for large-scale environments.
The Systems Engineer role is responsible for setting up and maintaining the operational infrastructure supporting Vix’s customer systems.
- Design / Install /Maintain network and server infrastructure (physical and virtual) as required
- Design and Implement migration projects relating to upgrading to latest OS’s.
- Design and Implement migration projects relating to migrations between On-Prem to AWS infrastructure platforms.
- Design / Install /Maintain backup strategies.
- Design / Install /Maintain monitoring platforms.
- Design / Install /Maintain Anti-Virus platforms.
- Assist with maintenance of Data Centre systems.
- Respond to and resolve system failures.
- Create and maintain internal documentation.
- Suggest improvements to working practices.
- Ensure the availability of the central server network.
- Platform monitoring and reporting.
- Respond to Incidents within the agreed contractual times.
- Deliver Project deliveries to agreed timescales.
This role will primarily be based in the Cambridge office and depending on project requirements there may be the opportunity to work in one of the other 2 Global centres or other country / regional offices.
If you are ready to take the next move in your career, please forward your resume and covering letter.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Vix Technology is an Equal Opportunities Employer that seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse communities we operate within.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'