Senior Systems Engineer / Systems Engineering Supervisor / Lead Engineer - Aerospace
Our client is a highly successful global aerospace company, they are recruiting a Systems Engineering Supervisor / Senior Systems Engineer to oversee our Test & Qualification engineers within our Weapons Carriage & Release business unit.
Their Engineering function consists of more than 300 staff covering the full engineering lifecycle from research and technology through to fleet support. There are currently many projects at various stages of the lifecycle providing the types of complex challenges that great engineers want to work on. The company’s training, tools and processes are advanced, providing a fantastic environment in which to learn and advance your career.
The Systems Engineering Supervisor will be expected to follow current departmental process and will be encouraged to participate in the further development of these processes.
This role is ideally suited to someone with experience working within the Aerospace industry or a similarly regulated engineering industry and who has a willingness to learn and develop their career as a Senior Engineer.
As a Systems Engineering Supervisor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Relevant degree or a recognised engineering apprenticeship and HNC/HND.
- Mechanical Systems Engineering experience and/or specific Test/Development Engineer experience (strong test/qualification V-Model phase knowledge)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience with proven career development towards a senior role.
- Proven experience in defining qualification plans and reviewing/approving technical documents.
- Experience of managing small engineering teams or leading projects.
- Experience of development engineering activities and engineering life cycle management.
- Experience of design and delivery of environmental and functional tests at component and assembly level.
- Experience defining and commissioning test setups and performing environmental and functional testing at component and system levels.
- Knowledge of environmental standards (RTCA DO160, MIL-STD-810 etc.).
- Safety critical engineering background, ideally Aerospace and Mil Standards
As a Systems Engineering Supervisor your main responsibilities will involve:
- Leading a small team of development and test engineers.
- Assessing and managing team resource requirements, co-ordinating CV reviews and interviews.
- Weekly management of team task allocations, providing regular status reports to Senior Management.
- Review and approval of technical documentation produced by team.
- Customer and supplier facing responsibilities to discuss and agree qualification strategies and activities.
- Compilation of test procedures, reports, analysis and interpretation of test data.
- Creation of verification matrices at equipment, sub-system or system levels to demonstrate compliance to customer requirements.
- Planning, arranging and attending test activities including the control of hardware, support equipment, transportation, resource, test cost and schedules.
Keywords: Environmental Testing, Test Data, Test Reports, Systems Engineering, Senior Engineer, Development Engineer, Project Engineer, Safety Critical, Aerospace, Defence, Verification, Validation, RTCA DO160, MIL-STD810, Project Lead, Functional Testing, Highly regulated industry, Lead Engineer.
Systems Engineering Supervisor / Lead Engineer / Lead Systems Engineer - Aerospace
Salary: Competitive with bonus, 12% pension, flexi time, on-site parking, large company benefits
Location: Wimborne, Dorset
- Environmental Testing
- Functional Testing
- Systems Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'