Senior Systems Engineer (Big Data)- contract OR Permanent! - London
Leading defense services company is actively looking for a DV cleared (or eligible to apply for DV Clearance) Software focused systems design Engineer to join a high profile Big Data Project.
The successful Senior Systems Engineer (Big Data) will perform technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analysis to be performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
They will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraint and perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Essential experience for the position of Senior Systems Engineer (Big Data):
- Must have demonstrated team skills and ability to work closely with customers
- Some of the following:
- Big Data Technologies, Cloudera Infrastructure Management, Hadoop, data exploitation (more experienced)
- Elastic Search, Graph Analysis, Machine Learning, Knowledge Graph technologies
- Data Integration, designing 3rd party application integration for data ingest
- Knowledgeable of agile methodologies and processes would be desirable
- Strong Communication skills
- Understand the full system development life cycle and system engineering processes associated with each phase
- Familiar with architecture tools such as System Architect, MOOD, or similar tools
Desired experience for the position of Senior Systems Engineer (Big Data):
- INCOSE or other professional certification
- Experience in cyber applications
- Proposal experience
- Experience of UK Government working practices
- Machine Learning
- Big Data