Senior Systems Analyst - Exciting mix of BAU and Project
Package: up to £41,000 + 25 days annual leave + 3% Flex Fund + Life Assurance + Pension + Free onsite car parking/Gym/Canteen
Shared Services Connected Ltd delivers class-leading business transformation programmes to government and public sector across the UK with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public purse.
As a trading name of Shared Services Connected Ltd, SSCL has established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across government and public sector.
The company was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria Ltd, in 2013 as part of the Government’s Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.
The day job
Bring your Senior Analyst/Oracle HR expertise and I.T. passion to us and in return we’ll give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities.
Come and work for one of the best kept secrets in I.T on a project that will be a real benefit to our MOD!
You’ll be joining a vertical responsible for the paying of salaries, allowances and pensions to the UK Armed Forces and Veterans. Also administer and pay compensation to injured service personnel, and run the associated technical infrastructure and applications.
Part of the The Joint Personnel Application (JPA) programme, it was implemented to modernise the way the Armed Services carry out personnel and pay administration.
The purpose of this role is to be the subject matter expert on all areas of Oracle Payroll to support the demands of the current Change programme and to assist with maintenance and resolving issues within the JPA application.
With three major releases each year, this role is both demanding and challenging and requires someone that can handle multiple strands of work in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Primarily, the role of a Rules Author is to write rules based on policies, procedures or other source material that the organization refers to in its operations.
- Rules are written in a natural language form, however knowledge of a third generation language such as Java or C would be advantageous.
- Produce test specifications to demonstrate that reconfigured elements meet requirements.
- Execute unit testing and document outcomes in accordance with quality procedures
- Provide support to the full life cycle of each (i.e. system testing, UAT and implementation)
- Provide regular progress reports to line management in accordance with agreed procedures
- Support maintenance of the OPA application when required, investigating reported errors, identifying the cause and seeing through to resolution.
- Ensure all relevant Measures of Performance are adhered to and escalate any MoPs that are in danger of not being met to the Functional Pay team Leader.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Oracle end to end Business Process and detailed application knowledge across Payroll, Financials HR, and SSHR.
- High-level understanding of HR - Oracle eBusiness Suite R12.2.5.
- Knowledge of Oracle HR and CRM
- Proficient with writing SQL scripts to examine the database.
- Demonstrable experience of working with staff at all levels, comfortable with conducting presentations and running meetings/workshops
- Strong Business analysis skills
- Good communication and inter personal skills.
- Possess good creative skills and make suggestions for improvement
- Must be able to work under pressure and to constantly changing deadlines
- Must be pro-active and self-motivated
- Altair experience
- Knowledge of some Military business processes or experience of working in Government Sectors (preferably Defence)
- Knowledge of Oracle Payroll and Financials (GL, AP, AR) principles and their touch points within HRMS
- Knowledge of Serena Dimensions
SC clearance eligibility
Reasons why you should apply to us
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'