Our Reading based client is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator - Networking to join their Global Hosting team. This person will play a critical role in the design, maintenance and administration of the companies hosted infrastructure.
The Senior Systems Administrators will be responsible for the day to day operations, automation, and configurations of heterogeneous networking systems across the enterprise, including but not limited to;
- Third level network support.
- Schedule, plan and execute required system maintenance events in support of the company's global vulnerability and life cycle management efforts on all Network components
- Author and maintain standard operating procedures and contribute to root cause analysis documentation.
- Be the face of hosting, provide a timely, friendly service to the companies user base
- Collaborate with global Hosting areas, the IT team, and various line of business leaders
- Constantly improving and streamlining network connectivity and looking for ways to enhance the user experience through seamless interoperability between systems.
- Input into network and communications service desk tickets to reduce, automate and eliminate common issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering or related field
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently
- Five + years of experience as a Network Administrator
- Deep understanding of Network components, best practices and technologies
- Experience and understanding of automation fundamentals and techniques
- Design and execution of disaster recovery plans
- Capacity planning
- Vendor relations and procurement
- Global secure networks management and troubleshooting: MPLS, intranet and internet connectivity
- Deep knowledge of internet protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SSH, FTP, SFTP, Active Directory Integrated DNS, NTP, NFS, Site and Services
- Working knowledge of administering existing NAS/SAN technologies for Fiber, iSCSI, CIFS, NFS
- Experience with web application layer security, web proxy and intrusion detection systems
- F5 experience
- Cisco and Juniper firewalls
- Bash and other POSIX based Command line tools for automation scripting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job