SF Group are looking to recruit a Senior System Support Analyst for a business in B16. This is a permanent role paying up to £35k. You will be working within the IS department reporting to the System Support Manager. You will be providing full support on all aspects of the business systems software (Housing & Corporate) to all users throughout the Group, where necessary escalating and managing problems with the software vendors.
1. Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of all Housing & Corporate systems used by the client and the related business processes. Develops and maintains a working knowledge of all the clients infrastructure.
2. Provide functional and technical support to all users and assist IS team members in resolving incidents.
3. Resolve logged incidents within SLA or escalate as appropriate within the clients management and software providers.
4. Assist in the implementation of applications including patching, upgrades, testing and documentation.
5. Translate user requests into technical specifications for system enhancements.
6. Train or support the training of end users.
7. Develop close relationships with suppliers so that incidents and enhancements are managed effectively.
8. Maintains comprehensive documentation on systems and configuration and associated processes.
9. Project manages the implementation of small changes and support delivery of large projects as required.
10. Works collaboratively with other IS team members.
11. Comply with the clients IS Service Delivery processes (e.g. incident management, change management, problem management etc).
12. Complies with ICT Policies and Procedures and where appropriate suggest improvements.
13. Monitor Business systems and proactively manage adverse trends and system alerts.
14. Contribute to the development and testing of the Disaster Recovery plan for Business Systems.
15. Keeps abreast of technological and legislative developments.
16. Responsible for own Health and Safety, ensuring a safe working environment for colleagues.
17. Undertakes any other duties in line with the basic objectives of the post.
18. Develop and maintain business system reports.
As a key support role, the post holder may be required to work extra hours during evenings and weekends if required by timescales or essential support. It may also be necessary to work extra hours to contribute to IS Service Level Agreements and IS Operational Level Agreements. The post holder will be required to participate in an on-call rota during evening and weekends. The remuneration for this is contained within the salary package. The post does require some level of flexibility on working hours as the client' Support needs to be covered from 0800 to 1800, Monday to Friday.
Some travel will be required.
- The ideal candidate will be a graduate calibre IS professional with proven business analysis skills and experience with strong communication and interpersonal skills plus a broad commercial awareness
- Proven experience of providing functional and technical support to complex business applications.
- Educated to at least GCSE level, including Maths and English or equivalent
- Proven experience in monitoring and administration of databases used by the business applications including data warehouse
- Excellent interpersonal skills, adapts personal approach to situation and person to achieve positive impact and results.
- Able to explain complex issues in a simple way to key stakeholders and develop practical solutions.
- Proven ability to deliver corporate objectives including the implementation of organisational and cultural change.
- Able to influence situations, decisions and people at all levels of business and service delivery.
- Sees things from a customer perspective and designs business support around their needs & expectations.
- Organised and methodical in delivering service excellence.
- Proficient business use of Microsoft software; including creating professional detailed reports, projects, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Excellent knowledge of Housing and Corporate systems (QLxF, QLxH, Resource Link, Sage etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including report writing.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and unsupervised
- Knowledge of care and health services desirable.
- A working knowledge of Finance and Housing Systems, Aareon QL Housing and Finance Systems preferred.
- Good knowledge of ICT infrastructure and architecture including operating in a Citrix environment.
- Good knowledge of databases and database technologies.
- Good knowledge of browser based applications and legacy systems.
- Knowledge of Business Objects, SSRS, data warehouse and data marts.
- Experienced at working in multi-site businesses with teams working across difference locations.
- Working knowledge of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) as pertains to service support and service delivery (desirable)
- Undertakes continued professional development relevant to post
If this sounds like you please apply via the website or call Nikki on to hear more.
Benefits to be discussed at interview.