IT Senior System Administrator | £45k | Glasgow
Your new company
A large utilities company based in Glasgow with many high profile clients and a global presence. They offer a world class working environment with state of the art office in Glasgow City Centre. Having experienced a steady period of growth a newly created opportunity exists for a permanent Senior System Administrator
to join this substantial IT department, who can match your ambition through technology, future career opportunities and professional development.
Your new role
The IT Senior System Administrator will be responsible for the provision of 3rd line server, storage, device and services maintenance and support on CRH business systems and services. The role also includes line management duties of the IT Systems Administrators.
What you'll need to succeed
Management and leadership experience is key to this role. If you have a knack for getting the best out of others and keeping a level head in challenging situations you will do well. Experience in an enterprise environment would also be beneficial.
- Degree level qualification or sound experience in a comparable role.
- MTA IT Infrastructure or equivalent
- Driving license as some travel around the country is required
- Experience of supporting the following environments
- Windows Server 2012+
- Experience of supporting enterprise level systems including
- iSCSI SAN/DAS
- Fibre Channel
- Multi-site windows networks
- Microsoft Azure IaaS & PaaS
- Office 365
- Supporting Web (IIS) and Database(MSSQL) servers in highly available configurations
- Knowledge of management languages and technologies including
- WMI Object Model
- Business analysis techniques - familiar with techniques which help in modelling and understanding a business and its operation.
- Team Leadership and Management
What you'll get in return
A £45,000 salary, a pension, childcare vouchers, medical benefits, employee assistance programme, and cycle to work programme are all on offer. They also have their own benefits platform which offers various discounts on shopping, days out and holidays to all members of staff.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.