Senior Synthetic Chemist c£45-55k + Bonus +Benefits
South East AB/J3458
An experienced senior synthetic chemist is urgently required to work with R&D teams to help drive the development of new technology platforms, deliver research & development programs and support the introduction of new prototypes and products to customers.
As an exceptional synthetic chemist (organic or inorganic or polymer) with a proven track record of theoretical & practical excellence youwill lead incremental & step change improvements to materials focused on theiradditive business. The successful candidate will work closely with project matrixed colleagues across technology and interface externally with custom contract synthesis partners to deliver components which are commercially attractive. As an accomplished synthetic chemist you will have the opportunity to work in a world class, global team to deliver new products to the market place.
Direct and execute business critical Design & Synthesis Projects, specifically:
- Make a strong contribution to our Material Design toolbox based on fundamental understanding (PSSP) and leveraging learnings from other technical programs.
- Drive & deliver simple, robust scientific hypothesis lead material design solutions.
- Efficiently, prepare & characterise materials to agreed deadlines to meet stakeholder needs.
- Deliver next step recommendations based on robust data analysis, interpretation and reporting.
- Work transparently - communicating progress & results effectively to audiences of all levels.
- Supervise, direct and coach laboratory based chemists to achieve their full potential.
- Maintain continuous improvement culture approach to science, safety & quality.
- Prioritise work schedule & deliver results aligned with our portfolio/strategic ambition.
- Opportunity to work in a world class, global team to deliver new products to the market place.
- External interface opportunities - custom synthesis houses.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- BSC, MSc, PhD Chemistry (inorganic or organic), Polymer Science, or a related subject.
- Proven track record of strong supervision and coaching laboratory based individuals.
- Remains current on literature & new technological developments
- A natural team player who interacts effectively with others building positive relationships.
- Wealth (depth & breadth) of Synthetic lab based knowledge (organic or inorganic or polymer).
- Commercial experience a must
- Proven track record of preparing materials from gram to 20Kg scales.
- Ability to quickly adapt pace & work priorities to accommodate new information/customer needs.
- Proven track record of problem solving abilities- incl. working across multiple scientific disciplines.
- Strong track record of safety management in a laboratory environment.
They offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting AB/J3458 on
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Synthesis
- Polymer Science
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job