Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
£36,713 per annum (rising to £38,645 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Surveyor to join our Consultancy team. Leading a team of maintenance surveyors across Scotland, you will be experienced in the management of voids, medical adaptations, inspections, surveys, internal and external contractors, complaints and budgets to ensure that any contract or performance issues are addressed within the appropriate organisational policies and procedures.
The role of Senior Surveyor will include:
- Managing the operational delivery of a cost effective voids and medical adaptations service by operating within appropriate financial policies, procedures and agreed budgets
- Managing contractors in accordance with their contractual terms, making recommendations for improvements and implementing actions
- Supporting the delivery of a cost effective maintenance service by operating within appropriate financial policies, procedures and budgets
- Producing appropriate reports relating to surveying and contractor performance and cost on specific maintenance issues to enable them to be addressed and resolved
- Ensuring that health and safety and healthy working conditions are promoted within their area of responsibility
- Attending monthly performance reviews with the contractors, checking of invoicing and ensuring that payments are made in line with contractual obligations
- Managing the recruitment , performance and development of quality staff to ensure that skilled staff are available to meet business needs
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Skills and experiences:
- Proven experience of undertaking a similar role within a building and surveying environment with a good working knowledge of building regulations, legislation and current practices
- Knowledge of utilising the NHF schedule of rates with contractors is desirable
- A degree, management qualification or relevant professional qualification (a surveying or building maintenance qualification preferred) is essential
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Intermediate working knowledge of technology based systems e.g. Microsoft packages and Outlook
- As travel is a requirement of the role, a company car or car allowance will be supplied for the position, therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 30 October 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'