Are you interested in a career providing care and support in a role that is diverse and rewarding every day? We are currently looking for an empathetic, energetic and eager individual to fill our Senior Support Worker role in Middlesbrough, Cleveland.
Amersham Road is a Supported Living Service in Middlesbrough, Cleveland providing person centred support to service users who have a learning disability, autism, mental health support needs and other complex needs, so that they can experience a wide range of opportunities to follow their passions and enjoy every day to the fullest!
You will be providing person-centred care and support to our eleven service users with a variety of needs ranging from minimal to full support. Our residents at Amersham love going out and about in the local areas, and our service has excellent public transport links, which makes visiting new places easy! Having a great sense of humour is essential for this role as you support our service users to follow their passions and engage in a range of activities including: cooking, baking, board games, arts and crafts and more!
Senior Support Worker Duties:
- Supervising staff, attending review meetings, liaising with professionals and observing staff
- Providing personal care, administering medication and help with other domestic tasks
- Encouraging service users to engage in a range of exciting social activities both within and outside their homes
- Developing warm and trusting relationships with service users and their families enabling them to enjoy their time at the service to the fullest
- Full time (37.5 hours) to be worked flexibly according to the needs of the service to include daytimes, evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep in’s.
A minimum of two years’ experience of providing care and support is essential for this role. It is desirable that you have experience of supporting and supervising a staff team.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s on call teams
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'