Are you passionate about care and progressing your career?
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker to join our extra care service in Reddish, Stockport.
The ideal candidate will be a compassionate and proactive individual, motivated in helping to lead a team of Support Workers. The support you offer will be tailored to the individual, and will promote their independence and community engagement.
Your role as a Senior Support Worker will include:
• Engaging in activities with tenants, encouraging them to take up hobbies and achieve their personal goals
• Assisting tenants in participating in activities at the service they enjoy including fish and chips at their favourite local chip shop and coffee mornings
• Supporting service users inside their home and out in the wider Stockport, both with colleagues and independently
• Collaborating with the Extra Care Registered Manager, Social Services and other stakeholders to ensure that the highest standards of care are provided to service users
• Ensuring that the care provided empowers clients and meets their needs
• Working in conjunction with service users’ families and friends to promote a positive atmosphere within the service
• Providing support with personal care, domestic tasks and medication administration
You will work across our two Reddish, Stockport extra care services which are conveniently located across the road from each other. The services are easily accessible, located close to a train station. Both services are made up of independent flats, with communal spaces available for all service users.
We value the personal skills and interests you will bring to both the role and to the lives of the people we support. This may include expertise in area such as sport and outdoor pursuits, creative arts, music and cooking, to name but a few. Your approach will be warm, person centered and respectful.
Previous experience in services for older people and/or people with dementia and memory loss is essential.
You will work shifts on the rota working directly with clients.
Creative Support is committed to your continuous professional development and you will have the opportunity to explore your training and development needs.
Why you should work for us:
– You will receive ongoing training and will be supported with any further goals you wish to achieve
– Choice of weekly or monthly pay
– 28 days annual leave, with a holiday bonus after two years of service
– All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
– Free-of-charge DBS certificate
– Free access to Health Assured
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'