Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day?
Are you passionate about delivering high quality, engaging, respectful and dignified care and support to individuals in Walkden, Salford? If so, we are looking to recruit a Senior Support Worker to join our friendly team at The Willows.
At The Willows in Walkden, Salford, we provide quality care and support to individuals with a range of support needs including learning disabilities and Autism. Our vibrant supported living service in Walkden, Salford is home to two service users living in their own self-contained flats. No two days will be the same at this service as we support our service users to follow their passions and engage in a range of activities including shopping, board games, movie nights, drives out, water play and many more! We are looking for someone with experience supporting individuals with challenging behaviour and an ability to tailor their communication skills according to the needs of the individual.
Your role will include:
– Providing excellent respectful personal care, administering medication and lone working,
– Encouraging service users to engage in a range of exciting social activities both within and outside their homes,
– Helping to coordinate and deliver unique packages of care and support to all residents,
– Shared responsibility for coaching and deploying staff and managing rotas,
– Full time hours (37.5 hours per week) to be worked flexibly according to the needs of the service,
– Driving is an essential requirement for this role.
At least two year’s experience supporting individuals with learning disabilities is essential for this role, as is a full UK driving license. As Senior Support Worker compassion, motivation, diligence and an ability to empathise with individuals is also essential.
The Willows is based in Walkden, a five minute walk from the town centre and Walkden train station. It has great public transport links with bus routes from Manchester city centre and Bolton town centre.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
– Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
– Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
– Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
– Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
– All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s on call teams
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'