Oakleaf are currently looking for a Senior Support Worker to work at our 4 bed supported living service in Henley-on-Thames. Must have experience of working with either challenging behaviour, learning disabilities or mental health.
Must be a good team player. must have Health & Social Care Level 3 as minimum and be able to work towards Level 5. Will be required to work 12 hour shifts and alternate weekends.
We are looking for someone who has extensive experience at senior level.
We specialise in supporting individuals with learning disabilities, mental health and complex needs.
Main function of the job:-
To provide care in accordance with best practice, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements and government regulations under the direction of the line manager. This position includes a number of responsibilities supporting nursing management through audits, contribution to care plans, training and mentoring other support workers and assisting administration of medication to service users.
Main duties of the role:-
- Ensure that service user rights are protected.
- Maintain the hygiene, dignity, health and safety of service users at all times.
- Assist service users individually as required to support them with daily routines and activities.
- Observing service users to ensure a safe environment, protecting them from harm.
- Encourage a model of self-care and service user rehabilitation.
- Systematically solve day-to-day problematical issues which arise.
- Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams so as to maximise opportunities for service user therapeutic care.
- Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the care standards and care service provision.
- Evaluate care plans and standards of care competence.
- Cooperate with the implementation, evaluation, orientation and induction of all new employees.
- Assist in the administration of medication (where necessary)
- Conducting audits and risk assessments related to service users, premises, business and service.
- Carry out fire tests and completing the fire book weekly.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of the service.
- Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
- Continual personal development to develop oneself and the role.
• 3 years’ experience as a Senior Support Worker through prior employment
• Calm natured and patient
• Excellent communication skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Flexible working methods
• NVQ/QCF Level 3 minimum
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'