We are looking for a skilled support worker with a proven track record of caring for looking after children at senior level. You will be working with children who may show signs of challenging behaviour and working towards helping them to improve in view to overcoming issues they express.
We are looking for;
- A caring individual who has strong experience working with children in a similar setting and being able to support them day-to-day basis to encourage positive behaviours.
- Someone who able to develop lasting relationships and build a positive outlook for children who haven't had the best start in life.
- Competence supporting and working with other staff to ensure that the support service runs as smoothly as possible by ensuring the support is there for the children when required.
- Leading shifts in the absence of manager/deputy.
- An NVQ Level 3 or above.
The role will include;
- Dealing with challenging behaviour (verbally abusive, possibly threatening behaviour)
- Requirement for positive role modelling at all times and maintaining a consistency of approach.
- Dealing with constantly changing guidelines, procedures etc, that are being presented by our Governing Body.
- Developing a functional approach in young people who are likely to have been rejected or have serious issues in coming to terms with their behaviour.
- Supporting the young people to have equal opportunities to develop their independence & social skills in preparation for adult life.
- Liaising with parents, carers, other 3rd parties and the staff team.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people.
- Ensuring placement plans are followed, policies, procedures, risk assessments and rotas are in place and education is supported.
The shifts are on a rota basis across 7 days that will include some sleep ins.
Salary dependent on experience.
Please send your CV across now and we will call you to discuss in more detail.
- social care
- senior support worker
- residential home
- children's home
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'