Senior Support Worker
Your new company
My client provides care, support and in some cases housing for people who want to live more independently. They support service users with mental health, learning disabilities, sensory impairments and physical disabilities. They are CQC registered, are ISO 9001 quality accredited and also are an Investors in People Organisation.
Your new role
Your role as a Senior Support worker will be to assist the Team Leader/Manager across 2 homes in Dorking and Farnham. You will be travelling between the 2 homes (mileage paid) providing care and support to people with disabilities and or mental health related support needs to enable them to maintain their tenancies and to achieve their aspirations for independent living. You will also assist the managers in the resource planning, coaching and mentoring of a team of staff co-ordination the daily provision of support and activities for customers to ensure the delivery of a high quality, responsive and efficient service. You will be identifying customers individual support needs through consultation and agreement with the customer. Devise and implement suitable support plans for the individual. Encourage and support customers to live as fully and independently as possible within the local community, providing information, organisational, practical and emotional support. You will be carrying out risk assessments and when necessary due to the changing needs and aspirations of users. Ensure compliance with CQC regulations and Ability policies and procedures. Organise and provide appropriate support for customers preparing to move-on to greater independence, including support through the move and resettlement into their new home. Contribute to the protection of customers from abuse and support customers when they are distressed. Liaise with other housing, health and social care professionals, benefits, welfare and advocacy agencies, and other landlords as well as family members, as appropriate.
What you'll need to succeed
Two years' experience in a comparable service, which has entailed:
- Providing support service to the assigned client group(s)
- Relevant training and development
- A good level of written and verbal communications and reasoning skills
- Excellent IT skills including at least intermediate level in Excel
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- A thorough and up to date knowledge of best practice in support services for the assigned client group(s)
- Ability to monitor and improve service standards. Motivate staff and apply the values of the organisations values.
- It is essential to have NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care
What you'll get in return
You will be working with a brilliant team that offer both career progression and training. They also offer a competitive Salary of £21,627k or £10.37 per hour in comparison Other benefits include
- Health care cash plan scheme for all employees,
- You will be working 40 hours per week exclusive of breaks
- 22 days holiday.
- A mileage allowance is payable to employees using their own vehicle for business
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'