Are you looking for the next challenge in your care career?
Are you enthusiastic and passionate about caring for others and able to lead people?
Life Opportunities Trust is looking for a experienced support worker looking for their next challenge and step up in to being our Senior Support Worker at our scheme based in Hayes, Hillingdon.
Role: Senior Support Worker
Job Reference: HillingdonS1
Company: Life Opportunities Trust
Job Type: Full-time (Flexible Rota over 7 days)
As a Support Worker, you will be providing a high standard of care and support for Service Users in one of our Supported Living home in Hayes, Hillingdon. Our Service Users have learning disabilities, and some have physical disabilities. Our aim is to empower Service Users in their daily lives and to encourage them to lead a full and active life!
Previous experience of being a Support Worker is essential for this role and you must be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure. We are looking for Ambitious individuals with Integrity and Respect.
Our Senior Support Workers are required to carry out day-to-day tasks with our Service Users as well as supervising a busy staff team and ensuring essential and required tasks are carried out and done to the highest standard. We need Senior Support Workers to be able to assist Service Users in decision making, and enabling the development of appropriate skills. As a Senior Support Worker, you would have the following responsibilities.
- To manage and provide first line management to a busy staff team of Support Workers
- Oversee day to day running of the service and ensure best practice is adhered too
- Provide direct supervision to staff including doing some supervisions and appraisals as appropriate
- Promote compliance with Health and Safety and Food Hygiene legislation at all times
- Promote best practice and adhere to standards in line with the CQC
- To Support the Service Users with all aspects of personal care as appropriate
- To Assist in arranging trips, outings and holidays, accompanying the Service Users when required
- To do domestic duties including the preparation of meals, cleaning and laundry
- To administer medication and the maintenance of records of all drugs and treatment given in accordance with company polic
- To participate in all staff meetings as required
- Allocate work and duties to Support Workers on shift. Promote and act as role model for best practice at all times
- Ensuring maintenance of documentation, for example care plans, manual handling records and assessments
- To accompany the Service Users and support them in their place of worship
- To ensure accurate records are kept and maintaining confidentiality
- To undertake training where required according to the needs of the Service User, the home and the organisation
* Please note: You should be a driver and have own vehicle *
LOT offers an extensive training and development package, contributory pension scheme and employee assistance programme.
If this role sounds like your next challenge, then please apply today with your CV and Covering Letter!
- Team Leader
- Residential Care
- Support Workers
- Supported Living
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'