Avenues Group are looking for a Senior Support Worker to join our team at Takers Lane & Bridge Street in Stowmarket to support people living with learning disabilities and/or an acquired brain injury. The Services have a total of 6 individuals (3 individuals in each service). Avenues is a specialist provider of adult social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life. This might be everyday things like providing support to do the shopping, getting a new haircut or just making a drink. But it’s also about more delicate stuff, like choosing where to live, supporting them to take a shower or the development of friendships.
Working collaboratively with the Service Leadership Team, you will help to oversee the smooth running of the service including rostering, support plans, and staff deployment.
Due to the needs of this service it is desirable that successful applicants hold a valid driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
Benefits of working for Avenues Group
- Up to 25 annual leave days + 8 bank holidays (pro-rated)
- Career progression and internal opportunities
- Sector leading learning and development facilities
- Ongoing support from local and central teams
- The ability to build long-term relationships with the people we support
- A permanent, stable job in an ever-growing organisation
An experienced social care professional, you should have training (although we provide lots of that). You will need to demonstrate that you share our values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Pride, and…
- be caring and sympathetic
- be passionate about supporting others
- have experience leading and developing a team, including appraisal, coaching, and performance management
- be flexible to work early morning, late evening, waking night, and sleep-in shifts over a 7 day rota
Apply today to find out how you can make a difference to someone's life.
- Personal Care
- Social Care
- Supported Living
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"