Our Client provides high quality care and support for adults with learning disabilities and complex needs. We achieve this through the provision of full time residential care, supported accommodation, day service activities and community support.
As a Senior Support Worker, the main purpose of your role would be:
- To act as a shift leader, organising the day-to-day work within a service including the management of staff on duty, ensuring all tasks are allocated and completed efficiently.
- To be a role model for support workers, promoting good care and support practices. Leading and delivering direct support to all people we support including a PBS approach to those who may have challenging behaviour or complex needs.
- To liaise with all stakeholders including our managers, outside agencies and support staff in the development and implementation of support programmes enabling individuals we support to reach their full potential.
- To act as a key worker to selected users who would be considered to require more specialist support and to assist other staff to undertake this role effectively and pursue a fulfilled and chosen lifestyle based on the principles of normalisation and informed choice.
- To deputise in the absence of the Care Co-ordinator taking on additional responsibilities as required.
You must have:
• NVQ level 3 in Social Care or working towards.
• Have experience of working in and preferably managing a team.
• Have experience of working within a customer focused environment.
• To be able to pro-actively manage staff members so that all can reach their full potential.
• To be able to deal with all types of staff situations in line with policies and procedures.
• To be able to monitor, assess, identify training and development needs of team members and to pro-actively manage these needs.
• Be well organised, methodical proactive and determined yet flexible in order to motivate and gain the best from staff.
• Demonstrate a commitment to their own training and development.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Have a good understanding and knowledge of the needs of people with learning disabilities.
• Professional caring attitude.
If you think this is the job for you, please apply online or contact Shereen Maraie at email@example.com or 01622 776600.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'