We are looking for Support Worker (similar to senior care assistant) with Autism and Challenging Behaviour experience for our supported living home in Cheam.
Salisbury Support 4 Autism Ltd is an organisation that provides specialist support services for people with Autism and other related complex needs. We support individuals to live as independent as possible and overcome certain challenges which can be very rewarding. Due to the nature of complex needs many of the individuals we support can display severely challenging behaviour leading to damage to property, harm to themselves or aggression directed at others including their staff.
Due to the company’s organic expansion, we are seeking passionate individuals to join our team.
We are looking for support workers who feel that with their experience and/or attitude, they can take on the challenge and add value.
To be considered for a Senior Support Worker, candidates must demonstrate some of following:
- Passionate about empowering individuals to develop their skills and quality of life
- Possess a full clean drivers licence - desirable
- A working knowledge of autism and challenging behaviour
- An NVQ in Health and Social Care level 2/equivalent or willingness to work towards.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Can work well in a team.
- Flexible in the approach to work.
- Is able to work on a shift pattern, including weekends and evenings.
- A minimum of 12 month’s experience working within a care home or residential setting - desirable
Graduates and people looking for a career move will be considered.
In return, we will provide a competitive salary, a supportive work environment and Continued Professional Development (CPD)
Due to the nature of the role, successfulcandidates will be DBS checked prior to any confirmed job offer.
If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter
- Support Workers
- Supported Living
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job