Integra People is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently recruiting for enthusiastic senior support workers to join a residential setting in New Milton. You will play a vital role in supporting people with challenging behaviour and focusing on each individual’s specific requirements and encouraging independence enabling them to lead a fulfilling life.
As a Senior Support Worker you will be responsible for but not restricted too:
- Meet the physical, social and emotional needs of each individual resident in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
- Providing practical support as well as encouraging independence.
- Provide support and encouragement in personal and group management.
- Personal Care
- Daytime Activities
- Preparing and cooking meals
- Assisting in leisure pursuits
- Plan and manage your time ensuring the needs of the service are met.
- Plan and manage the allocation of staff time.
- Support the manager with financial budget management.
- Liaise with relevant professionals.
- Lead and attend reviews and other meetings as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience as a Senior Support Worker/Senior Healthcare Assistant
- Experience in dealing with people with challenging behaviour
- Experience in dealing with people who have learning disabilities
- Transferable DBS is an advantage but not essential
The salary for this role is £19,760 which equates to £9.50 per hour
Please call Leanne Irving on 0 7 9 8 3 2 0 0 9 4 5 for more information about this exciting new role.
- Communication Skills
- Learning Disabilities
- Challenging Behaviour
- Leadership Skills