Senior Support Workers
£9.27 p/h plus enhancements
Deeview Court supported living is looking for a number of experienced Female Health Care Assistants to care for 2 residents in their supported accommodation. Our supported living services enable people to live as independently as possible in homes that have been specifically adapted to their needs.
- Provide personal care appropriate to individuals' needs, which includes manual handling, bathing, shaving, dressing, toileting.
- Issue/prompt tenants with medication in accordance with policies and procedures, including logging, checking and recording drugs as well as ensuring their security.
- Tenants users may require support from staff with matters such as laundry and cleaning. General household cleaning duties are undertaken to provide a homely environment that also complies with Health & Safety Legislation.
- Meal planning and preparation is undertaken either with or for tenants, dependent on their need.
- To escort and support tenants in the community on various activities. This may include preparations for the service users' needs, i.e., lunch, medication, money etc.
- Recording details of activities and passing on relevant information verbally to other staff.
You will be an enthusiastic and motivated person who is committed
to helping people reach their full potential whilst managing complex health
conditions. Successful candidates must be flexible to cover early and late
shifts, nights, weekends and public holidays on rotation.
You will have experience of caring for people in a similar
environment and preferably have an SVQ level 3 or be willing to undertake this.
A robust induction and full training around each residents care needs will be
Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) - 45%
Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight - 60%
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
- Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
- Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- Refer a friend scheme
- Carers leave policy
- 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
- PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
- Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
- Childcare Vouchers
- Development opportunities for all
All posts are subject to PVG clearance.
At Sue Ryder not only do we treat more conditions than any other
UK charity in our hospices, neurological care centres and out in the community;
we also campaign to improve the lives of people living with them.
For more information please call Valerie Maxwell on.