Senior Support Worker Nights
Treetops are currently recruiting for full time Senior Support Worker (Nights) to work with individuals suffering from mental health, Learning Disabilities and challenging behaviour at our service based in Riddings.
Ideally you will have experience of working as a senior support worker in a similar environment or an experienced support worker looking to take the next step in your career. We are looking for like minded professionals with real passion for delivery quality care. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing friendly company that puts its staff at the very heart of our business.
Main function of the senior support worker:-
To provide care in accordance with best practice, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements and government regulations under the direction of the line manager. This position includes a number of responsibilities supporting nursing management through audits, contribution to care plans, training and mentoring other support workers and assisting administration of medication to service users.
Main duties of the Senior support worker:-
1. Ensure that service user rights are protected.
2. Maintain the hygiene, dignity, health and safety of service users at all times.
3. Assist service users individually as required to support them with daily routines and activities.
4. Observing service users to ensure a safe environment, protecting them from harm.
5. Encourage a model of self-care and service user rehabilitation.
6. Systematically solve day-to-day problematical issues which arise.
7. Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams so as to maximise opportunities for service user therapeutic care.
8. Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the care standards and care service provision.
9. Evaluate care plans and standards of care competence.
10. Cooperate with the implementation, evaluation, orientation and induction of all new employees.
11. Assist in the administration of medication (where necessary)
12. Conducting audits and risk assessments related to service users, premises, business and service.
13. Carry out fire tests and completing the fire book weekly.
14. Handling or auditing monies at the start and end of shift.
15. Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of the service.
16. Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
17. Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times
18. Continual personal development to develop oneself and the role.
19. In addition to these tasks, employees may at times be asked to carry out other reasonable duties as required by the service or manager.
· 3-5 years’ experience as a support worker through prior employment
· Calm natured and patient
· Good communication skills
· Good problem solving skills
· Flexible working methods
· Knowledge and experience of working with vulnerable adults
· Possesses qualifications relevant to the role
Treetops is a 28 bed residential service based in the beautiful countryside of Derbyshire. We specialise in supporting people with enduring mental health difficulties including people who also have a learning disability who require 24hr care and support due to their complex needs and/or challenging behaviours.
Our care packages are developed in partnership with the individual, their support network and our multi-disciplinary team, we aim to ensure that all identified needs are met promoting empowerment and achievement for the persons receiving support and care.
We promote strong links with the local community facilitating people to access local amenities, public transport and education opportunities. We hold the belief that this enables social integration and aids effective independence. The home also has a structured programme to assist individuals back to work through supported commercial activities within the home and at other locations.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'