FULL TIME SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER - Palm Care, New Romney - £8.83 p/h
About the Role
We are looking for Full Time and Senior Support Worker to join our friendly Palm Care team based at our service in New Romney in Kent.
Palm Care is a care home which provides care and support for up to 5 people with learning disabilities.
A warm welcome awaits you at our Palm Care Service in New Romney in Kent. Close to local shops, near to public transport, Palm Care has beautiful garden for residents.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve.
You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potentially sleep ins.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To supervise and lead a team of support workers to enable our service users to lead as fulfilling and satisfying a life as they possibly can.
- To act as a role model for staff, so that they are encouraged to understand the people you are support.
- To be actively engaged with service users and staff, continuously seeking opportunities for improvements to service users lifestyles and staffs skills and commitment to achieve this.
- To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment.
- To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality.
- To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required.
- To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
The Successful Candidate for the role will have
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent is essential.
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
- The ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults.
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
- We offer Permanent contracts 37.5 hrs per week.
- We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards.
- We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care.
- Career progression path within the company.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle.
- DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us
Caretech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services. CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care. We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents. To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care. All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
- Learning Disabilities
- Residential Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'