Our client is a charity that provides adult care services both in a residential setting and within the community.
They are currently looking for a caring, self-motivated Senior staff member for the vacancy in their Stevenage home.
Role: Senior Support Worker
Location: Stevenage, SG1
Salary: £19,318 pa
Job Type: Full Time (37 hours per week) Flexible Rota over 7 days
Job Reference: HIT37SSW
This position would suit someone looking for their first promotion, or an existing Senior looking for a change. Applicants should have a minimum of one year of experience in a care setting, ideally working with people with learning difficulties. Applicants must hold a current manual driving license, and be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Our client's service users have learning disabilities and some also have physical disabilities. Their aim is to empower service users in their daily lives and encourage them to lead a full and active life.
As a Senior support worker you would have the following responsibilities:
- To support the Home Manager and Team Leader in the administration of the Home, assuming responsibility for the Management of the Home in their absence.
- To supervise the Support Workers in their duties, ensuring that all duties are carried out according to company policies and procedures, and ensuring that Service Users’ welfare is accorded the highest priority.
- To conduct staff supervision sessions, and induct new staff into the service.
- To ensure that accurate records are kept and that confidentiality is maintained at all times. This may include having responsibility for certain paperwork, including preparation of duty rotas and staff records.
- To liaise with the appropriate outside agencies, health professionals and families to ensure continuity of care.
- To assist the Team Leader in their duties as Health & Safety representatives and to act up as Health and Safety representative as required.
- To observe financial instructions and keep expenditure within budgetary limits. This may include carrying out any financial duties at the request of the Home Manager.
- To generally participate in the daily lives of the Service Users. This may include sharing meals, leisure activities and encouraging the Service Users to participate as far as possible in the running of the Home.
- Administration of medication and the maintenance of records of all drugs and treatment given in accordance with company policy.
The successful candidate will have a current, manual driving licence; be able undertake admin tasks; communicate effectively and work shift work including bank holidays, evening and weekend duties and resident holidays as required.
In return, our client offers an extensive training and development package, contributory pension scheme, and an employee assistance programme.
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter.
No agencies please.
- Personal Care
- Supported Living
- Health and Social Care
- Vunerable Adults
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job