My client have been established for over 30 years in the North East and operate on a national basis. They are now looking for a Senior Support Engineer with a strong technical background, basic SQL skills and a solid experience in technical / software support. The Senior Support Engineer will be responsible for investigating a wide range of technical issues, motivating and engaging with other team members and ensure proper documentation of case instances.
Some of the technologies the candidate would be expected to deal with include: Windows Server, Windows 10, 8, 7, Firebird SQL server, Network and local printers, general networking and office applications. Training will be given on the clients proprietary software which will form the main support elements of this role.
- Diagnose and fix critical software issues.
- Liaise direct with customers regarding technical issues, via phone, email and chat.
- Identify reoccurring technical faults and recommendations to the operations manager
- Technically assist the junior technical teams.
- Motivate junior team members
- Take ownership of cases through to resolution
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 5 years' experience in IT
- Good understanding of general server, workstation, storage and networking technologies
- Good understanding of SQL databases and SQL scripting
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Customer focused
- Able to work well as part of a team and individually
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
- Decision making - displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process
- Highly motivated - Sets and achieves challenging goals
- Quality management - ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to motivate others
The working hours are normally Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:30 with 1hr for lunch, although extended hours may be required to meet customer requirements.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to accommodate changes to their working hours and also be available to work some weekends & occasional evenings as required.
For more information call Daniel Edgar on or if this is the ideal role for you, apply online today!
- Support Engineer