Job Title: Senior Support Engineer (4th Line) Skype4Business / MS Lync
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire
Salary: £40,000 to £55,000 depending on experience + excellent benefits (see below) and career progression
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: PH9440
MUST have experience of supporting 3rd Line Skype for Business/Microsoft Lync issues as a minimum
You need to be borderline Consultants, i.e. the current 4th Line team is more advanced than a lot of equivalents in other SfB specialist employers.
You will be part of a 2 person, Level 4 team, wider team of Level 3 and Level 2 Support Engineers. You will report to the Head of Service Operations for the UK.
My client is actively looking to hire a Tier 4 Support Engineer into their Managed Services team based in St Albans.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Assisting in the monitoring, troubleshooting and supporting of customer Lync environments including, but not limited to Lync endpoints, SBCs, and Hardware Load Balancers.
- Point of contact for client support request delivered via the ServiceNow ticketing system, driving resolution in accordance with well-established policies and procedures.
- Provide remote and onsite technical support when needed.
- When required you will also participate in project activity and change execution within the client environment.
- Deploy patches/maintain Lync solutions in multiple customer networks / environments as well as supporting the architecture and integration of messaging solutions.
- Act as liaison for escalations to 3rd party vendors.
- You will also research and document major incidents and problems, developing complete documentation impact and RCA’s.
Applicants should have experience of working within an environment where Lync/Skype for Business is fully deployed and used as the primary telephony platform within the organisation. You will need experience of working with the following technologies;
- OCS, Lync 2010 and/or Lync 2013
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2
- Active Directory Management
Experience with and troubleshooting knowledge of:
- Call Flow including PSTN and SIP
- Network troubleshooting- Basic connectivity testing and firewall knowledge
- Active Directory - Troubleshoot Domain Controllers, replication and some user accounts.
Certifications in MCSE are desirable, however my client will support you to achieve this within your first year of employment.
- 25 days holiday
- Private pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Private healthcare & life assurance
- Income protection
- Training and development
- Free parking
- Free fruit and snacks
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency in respect of this role
- Active Directory
- Windows Server
- Server Side