Job Description: Senior Support Assistant
Responsible To: Service Manager/Team Leader or other Manager as designated by the company.
This is a really important management role within the business operation, supporting management to ensure the operation runs smoothly and the right level of support can be provided at each of the supported living units within the area. You will be required to work flexibly to support your colleagues with a range of tasks designed to support the service users and enhance their quality of supported living.
This role would particularly suit someone who is experienced in supported living and has some team leading or management experience and would like to step up into a management role (ideally with experience of working with Service user's with Mental Health experience).
Summary of Benefits: Annual salary up to £24,000 depending on experience
28 days annual leave
Company mobile and laptop
Company Pension Scheme
Mileage paid for business use
Car business insurance paid
Enrolment on to a management development programme
Specific Duties: The Senior Support Assistant will be specifically responsible for:
- Supporting the Manager, Team Leader and Senior Staff in day to day operations of supported housing unit(s);
- Maximisation of service user interests by liaising with internal and external stakeholders; and overseeing implementation of each SUs support plan;
- Safeguarding the rights and dignity of each service user;
- Conducting daily assessment of Service user's mental and physical state; updating associated records and informing management;
- Supporting SUs to build their confidence, self-esteem and their ability to manage their LD symptoms;
- Personal delivery of physical and mental support to service user's;
- Supporting Service user's with developing social skills and future independent living;
- Organising staff to maintain the cleanliness, quality, security and safety of each home and individual service user accommodation;
- Accurate and timely update of Service user and house records;
- Conducting regular two-way communication with Service users and management;
- Key Work with designated Service users; and delivery of specific support as outlined in their support plans;
Qualifications: The following qualification, skills and experience are required for this role:
- Preference for NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care with a minimum of two years experience of care-working;
- Strong living skills that can be transferred to service users i.e. all daily living skills etc;
- Experience of supporting SU's with Mental Health or Learning Disabilities;
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office and Internet applications;
- Strong English spoken, listening and written communication skills;
- Full driving licence desirable and use of own car.
Please apply now for immediate consideration, and to secure an excellent opportunity which offers great scope for development and career progression.
- Care Plans
- Personal Care
- Social Care
- Support Workers
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'