Senior Supply Chain Manager, Barrow-in-Furness
Would you like to be an integral part of the Functional Strategy and capability team supporting Supply Chain? We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Supply Chain Manager at our site in Barrow-in-Furness.
As a Senior Supply Chain Manager, you will be heading up the team responsible for co-ordinating the supplier performance, analysis and improvement activities across a wide and diverse supplier base.
This role will provide you with a real opportunity to influence change and drive high visibility improvements as well as develop performance and improvement capabilities, processes and outcomes.
Your main responsibilities as Senior Supply Chain Manager will involve:
- Responsibility for supplier performance assessment / analysis
- Managing the supplier performance and improvement process and review structure
- Facilitating the programme management of targeted Improvement Activities
- Responsibility for supplier quality assurance alignment
- Delivering of strategic supplier improvement projects
- Reporting and Presenting findings succinctly and professionally
- Maintaining an external network enabling collaborative performance Improvements
Your skills and qualifications:
- Understanding of improvement tools and techniques alongside supply chain / sub contract programme management experience
- Experience of facilitating and leveraging diverse stakeholder teams and managing virtual networks
- MS Office Packages, SAP, Supplier Performance - Data Analytics
- Direct experience of bringing together and working with diverse Suppliers and business Functions
- Experience of supply Chain Development - SC21 relationship management and understanding of the sources of this capability
- Specific Improvement Tools and Techniques (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean)
- Experience of Capturing and implementing good Practice and running improvement events / workshops
- Broader Supply Chain Knowledge (Procurement, Logistics & Transport, Sub Contract Programme Management, Material Planning and Material Delivery)
What we're looking for in you:
You should have the ability to effectively communicate, produce findings, synthesise, summarise and identify recommendations. You will have strong stakeholder management skills and be a natural leader. You should have a focus on delivery and achievement of deadlines, and be have the ability to constructively challenge and influence.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job